Duration: Eight hours
Type of Service: San Gimignano, Siena, Chianti Wine Tour and Lunch
With your driver/guide, you and your small tour group of 4 -7 people, will leave from Florence city center 9:00 am. From there you’ll drive through the gorgeous Chianti countryside. The first stop is at Siena – a beautiful Tuscan hill town with its famous Piazza del Campo ( Campo Square ), where the famous Palio, a horse race, is held twice a year - spend time in Siena touring the city and experiencing its medieval narrow streets.
From Siena, you’ll then drive to a well-known winery in the Chianti area - spending two hours or so there. You’ll be able to find out a little about how the popular wines from this region are produced. And then, it’s time for lunch! You’ll enjoy a selection of Bruschetta, salamis, and cheeses accompanied by three superb Chianti wines plus VinSanto.
After lunch, you will then travel to San Gimignano one of the most charming and picturesque Tuscan hill towns. It boasts medieval towers that were built for the richest families of that period. You can visit the cathedral, climb the ‘Torre Grossa’, take pictures of the stunning scenery which will be surrounding you and enjoy gelato in Cistern Square.
After leaving San Gimignano, the tour returns to Florence via the Chianti area once again. We will stop at the medieval and charming villages of Castellina in Chianti and Monteriggioni, one of the most important and preserved walled castles in the area. Such was its importance – it was mentioned in Dante Alighieri in his most famous work - the Divine Comedy.
Things to know:
- Air-conditioned Mercedes vehicle or similar make
- Local expert English-Speaking Driver Guide
- Pick Up and Drop off in Florence city center
- 2-hour tour with licensed guide in Siena
- Tour operates with a minimum of 4 and maximum of 7
- 1 full wine tasting with light lunch in a selected winery in the Chianti area
- Visit of San Gimignano
- Visit of Monteriggioni and Castellina Castle in Chianti
- 8-hour tour
- Wear comfortable walking or tennis shoes
- Tour operates on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday
- This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. However, please contact us directly and we will be able to take you on alternative routes suitable for you.