Duration: Six Hours
Type of Service: Private Tuscan Castle and Ancient Cellars Visit with Cooking Class and Wine Tasting Experience near Florence
The day will begin with your private, English-speaking chauffeur picking you up in a Mercedes at your hotel. From there you will head up into the beautiful rolling Tuscan hills to a castle in the countryside. Once at the castle, a staff member will lead you on a private tour of the enchanting castle which includes its wine cellars and vineyards.
The castle has an incredibly rich history and was built by the Pazzi family in 1184 AD. In fact, this very castle was actually hosted to the plot to assassinate the royal Medici family in Florence. After the tour, you will have a cooking class with three courses which include learning to make handmade pasta, sauces, and dessert. Once you have finished cooking, it’s time to try your masterpieces along with three wines produced at the vineyards of the castle in the castle dining room. Then, you will meet your driver who will take you back to your hotel. A beautiful and intriguing castle, great food, and delicious wines are awaiting your arrival.
Things to Know:
- In a 4 hour experience, you get to visit a still inhabited 900-year-old castle and wine cellars, you cook 2 different type of handmade pasta and 2 sauces, dessert and taste 3 wines during the light lunch with the self-cooked food
- Private castle tour and wine tasting at a historic estate near Florence
- The castle tour and wine cellar visit lasts about 50 minutes and includes the historical part in the castle's courtyard, the family history in one of the private rooms
- Learn about wine and olive oil in the ancient cellars and enjoy a typical Tuscan snack of crostini, olive oil, salami, and cheese
- Cooking class with personal chef
- You will have the opportunity to purchase farm products like pure saffron, honey, cheese and natural cosmetics, wine and olive oil, available in the farm gift shop - at the end of the tour, you can walk in the vineyards, olive groves and take pictures in the countryside
- Florence hotel pickup and drop-off in luxury vehicle with English-speaking driver
- Tour operates with a minimum of 4 people