Duration: 6 Hours
Type of Service: Chianti Tour from Florence with Wine Tasting and Lunch in the Tuscan Countryside with visits to the towns of Greve and Panzano - private tour
Located about 35 km south of Florence, well off the main roads, Greve in Chianti is considered by many as the gateway to the Chianti wine region and boasts an attractive, triangular-shaped piazza that has been a marketplace since the Middle Ages. The Falorni family owns the town's three main tourist attractions: the Museo del Vino, a huge cellar where you can sample and buy wine and the oldest butcher shop in Italy. Here you will sample a glass of wine, meats, and cheeses in the outdoor piazza. After the wine and food tasting, you will have time to explore the shops in the main square. (If you happen to be around Greve the first or second week of September, don't miss its yearly wine fair, during which a variety of wines, cheeses, and other local products are available for tasting and purchase).
The next stop on this Tuscan Countryside tour and just a 15-minutes drive from Greve is the hamlet of Panzano in Chianti, best known for its 12th-century castle that played a crucial role in defending the Florentine Republic during the battles between Florence and Siena. The town is very pretty and quiet, one of those places where you can really soak up the atmosphere of times gone by. You will visit a popular butcher shop - Antica Macelleria Cecchini (a butcher shop + restaurant famous for its Florentine T-bone steak): Dario Cecchini – the hilarious owner offers you witty conversations, wine, and salami when you enter his shop.
The final stop on this amazing tour is a small winery/farm where you will discover the famous Chianti wines and the fine products as extra virgin olive oil, honey, and balsamic vinegar. The private wine tour takes 1 hour and you will see the old winery, rich of finest wines as Super Tuscans and Dincanto, produced in a limited edition, then you will go to the nearby Acetaia, fully aged balsamic vinegar.
The Tuscany wine tasting tour includes lunch with one of its famous fresh dishes such lasagne, pappardelle, tagliatelle or the typical ravioli of Maremma, stuffed with fresh ricotta and herbs, as well as potato gnocchi seasoned with traditional sauces. And different varieties of honey, cheese, and salami accompanied by excellent Chianti Classico wines and dessert.
After lunch, enjoy a relaxing car ride back to Florence as your English-speaking tour guide shares great conversations with you and answers any questions you might have on your drive.
Things to Know
- Day trip from Florence to the beautiful Chianti wine region
- Shop and stroll in the charming medieval village of Greve
- Visit two wineries to learn about traditional production methods and taste varietals like Chianti Classico
- Tour the wine cellars with an expert guide
- Savor a fresh lunch of authentic Tuscan specialties
- This is one of the best red wine production areas in the world and this is a very flexible and relaxed tour.
- Private tour with English-speaking driver and tour guide in luxury vehicle
- Visit a famous butcher shop in Panzano
- This day trip from Florence includes plenty of wine tasting plus a lunch at a Tuscan farm
- Hotel Pick up and Drop off from Florence Hotel
- Wear comfortable clothing and walking or tennis shoes
- Tour operates daily from late March - October
- Tour begins at 9:30 am
- Private tour operates with a minimum of 3 people