Duration: Three hours
Type of Service: Made in Florence Walking Tour - visit local shops where artisans design, create and sell their unique products - private tour
Experience the time-honored traditions of Italian craftsmen on this private 3-hour artisan walking tour of Florence's Oltrarno district. Visit workshops where people create beautiful things from leather, marbled paper, jewelry, linens, mosaics, ceramics and much more.
See modern paper and mosaic-making artisans at work as you learn the skills required to create such works of art. Visit the workshop of a goldsmith in one of the Oltrarno's most prominent piazzas, in front of the Santo Spirito church. Take in the beautiful interior of the church – including a wooden crucifix carved by Michelangelo.
This private tour is tailored to your specific interests – including leather crafts, shoes, linens, woodwork, hats, etc. At the end of the three-hour tour, enjoy a complimentary Florentine gelato.
Things to Know:
- You will cross the famous Ponte Vecchio bridge to the other side of the River Arno, known for its royal and artisan heritage
- Led by a private guide, discover the side of the Arno River where a community of artists live and work
- Watch craftsmen in action and see their finished work including fine art prints, jewelry and more
- Flexibility to customize your own itinerary to your own preferences with your private guide
- Have the opportunity to purchase unique handmade jewelry, marbled paper, bound books, leather goods and more
- Tour is offered on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday
- This 3-hour private tour can be offered during the morning or afternoon hours
- Wear comfortable walking or tennis shoes