Duration: 8 hours
Type of Service: Personal sommelier - wine expert on board, awarded but non-commercial wineries visit with the vintners, highly educational wine tour for wine connoisseurs or simply wine lovers.
Private wine tour experience to visit Tuscany's best wineries, to sample top-end wines and have an educational and tasty food & wine pairing session to combine each wine with each food specialty. A full day escorted by a friendly professional driver-guide, specialized in wine-making and sommelier, fluent in English and knowledgeable about wines.
The tour includes a scenic drive through the Chianti Classico region, the first stop at a wine estate with full cellar tour and tasting of at least 3-4 wines, then the second winery will host you for a food and wine pairing session (gluten free-vegan-vegetarian options possible on request in advance) and then we will visit an award-winning winery to sample Super Tuscan wines. In the majority of the estates visited, you will sample also extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, grappa and local products.
Things to Know:
- Private tour in luxury Mercedes minivan with a licensed sommelier
- Highly educational wine tour for wine connoisseurs or simply wine lovers
- Visit three different wine estates with tasting of local products
- Food and wine pairings
- Tour offered Monday to Sunday (Mid-March- Mid-November)
- Tour pick-up time is 9:00am
- During winter times, tours might be limited to weekdays only - please inquire about times
- Pick-up and drop off directly at your lodging from central city of Florence or Siena(from Siena a minimum of 3 pp per booking)
- Wear comfortable walking or tennis shoes