Duration: 9:00am – 5:00pm (8 hours)
Suggested time frame: 1 hour Pisa / 2 hours Lucca / 1 hour Viareggio Beach - private tour
This excursion to Pisa and Lucca will depart from your Florence hotel. A private driver will pick you up at your hotel and take you to Pisa (about a 1.5-hour drive from Florence). You will be dropped off at the great square where all the main historical buildings are located. The Leaning Tower, one of the most famous monuments in the world, the Baptistery, and the Cathedral. After your visit and a few photo opportunities, you will travel about 45 minutes to the enchanting city of Lucca, where you will have some free time for lunch on arrival. Your guide will suggest several restaurants for you to enjoy a casual lunch.
After lunch, stroll the old town center, stopping at historic sites such as the oval Piazza dell’Anfiteatro, center of entertainment in Roman times. Other top attractions to see include the Piazza of San Michele with its beautiful Church of San Michele in Foro, the Basilica of San Frediano, as well as, the Clock Tower and Guinigi Tower, to name just a few. Discover the numerous shops along the way and pick up souvenirs for family and friends. After your time in Lucca, your final stop is Viareggio, which is a popular seaside town along the Tuscan Riviera (Versilia) and is a Riviera-style resort along the Italian coast with gorgeous buildings, luxurious hotels, shops, cafes, and restaurants. You will stop for a gelato or a walk along the beach and enjoy the beautiful scenery along the white sandy beach. Viareggio is a popular destination for Italians during the summer months.
Things to Know:
- Visit the Tuscany towns of Pisa and Lucca on this day trip from Florence
- Your first stop is Pisa, a city famous for its architectural beauty. Walk around Piazza dei Miracoli to see its celebrated monuments: Pisa Baptistery, Pisa Duomo and, of course, the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
- Enjoy family photos or selfie photos at the marble façade of the Leaning Tower of Pisa
- The Leaning Tower entrance is optional; admission cost is 18 Euros per person; usually, takes 30 minutes to climb the 251 steps; spectacular views once you reach the top.
- The Baptistery admission tickets are 5 Euros per person. (optional)
- Wander the walled city of Lucca to enjoy a casual lunch and shopping
- Self-guided tour of Pisa, Lucca, and Viareggio
- Stop for gelato and walk along the boardwalk on Viareggio Beach
- Private Tour - Minimum of 4 and Maximum of 6 (other group sizes inquire)
- Florence Hotel pickup in Center City or Florence Hotel at 8:45am
- Tour offered daily from Mid-March - Mid November
- Wear comfortable walking shoes