Duration: 8.5 hours
Type of Service: Day trip from Sorrento to Pompeii and Mount Vesuvius Tour – small group tour
Pompeii and Vesuvius tour is the best option for travelers who plan to visit these famous UNESCO World Heritage Sites from Sorrento. Unlike other tour operators, we include all the entrance fees to Pompeii and the Vesuvius, as well as a skip the line access, carefully selected local expert guides and a delicious Neapolitan pizza lunch!
You’ll be whisked away directly from Sorrento by private, air-conditioned local bus to Pompeii where you’ll meet your official, licensed Pompeii tour guide. Traveling in groups of only 25 people or less, you’ll explore examples of every building in Pompeii – from homes to bathhouses, fast food stores to outdoor theaters.
We’ve selected the most entertaining and knowledgeable local tour guides to ensure that your Pompeii visit is as enjoyable as it is memorable. Follow your guide as they recreate the hustle and bustle of this once-busy port town, explaining what each building was used for, where families ate their meals, did laundry and socialized – and where sailors went when they docked. They’ll recreate for you the final days of Pompeii as you examine the harrowing death casts scattered around these ruins at the foot of Mt. Vesuvius.
Your Pompeii day trip doesn’t end here, however. We’ll drive a short way to perhaps the most dangerous volcano in the world – a title held for the 3 million people living around its base today. Just over a half-mile hike up Mt. Vesuvius from the parking lot below the crater offers the most stunning view of the Bay of Naples below and a taste of the utter devastation it must have caused when it exploded in 79 AD, literally wiping Pompeii off the map for 1,500 years.
Our Pompeii Day Trip from Rome includes an authentic Neapolitan pizza lunch and round-trip transport from Sorrento so, you can relax and enjoy your Pompeii day trip without worrying about the ins and outs of cross-country travel.
Things to Know:
- Enjoy insider knowledge about Pompeii, a world-famous archaeological site
- Visit the most iconic ruins within Pompeii as well as the lesser-known gems
- Witness the incredible views over the Bay of Naples from Mount Vesuvius
- Take the optional hike up to the crater
- Round trip transportation between Sorrento and Pompeii
- Passionate expert English-speaking guide
- Authentic Neapolitan Pizza Lunch
- Guided Tour of Pompeii with 25 or fewer people
- Audio headsets where necessary so that you don’t miss anything
- Tour operates Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday
- Tour begins at 8:00am - please arrive 15 minutes early for check-in
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible and recommended for participants with back problems - moderate amount of walking is involved
- Meeting Point Location: Piazza Angelina Lauro - more details are given upon booking