Duration: 2.5 hours
Type of Service: Best of Rome Evening Walking Tour with Wine & Appetizers - great for first-time visitors to Rome
An intimate tour of 15 people or fewer, see Rome from a different perspective – Enjoy a relaxing walking tour of major sights including the Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, Piazza Navona, Pantheon, among others. Admire hidden gems and fascinating details of each location that you would have missed on your own. And do it all in a single evening, with each site illuminated gloriously for the occasion.
Your expert local English-speaking guide will bring each step on the cobblestones to life with entertaining and mesmerizing tales of the most interesting historical characters - from Bernini to Galileo, Raphael to Michelangelo. Much easier to navigate than during the overcrowded days, the evening’s streets and sights exude with fascination during this most bewitching time of day.
Enjoy an authentic Italian 'aperitivo', (a traditional evening drink to stimulate your appetite) as the locals do, with a nice glass of wine (or another beverage, as you choose) and an assortment of mouth-watering appetizers in one of Rome’s most charming neighborhood wine bars.
This tour is perfect for first-time visitors to Rome, helping to orient you to the city’s diverse areas. You’ll receive recommendations on great restaurants, quaint neighborhoods, popular nightlife spots, or whatever your interests are, in addition to the sights and stories only your expert local guide would know. But if you’ve been to Rome before, see it from this new perspective that many tourists, including yourselves, may have missed.
Things to Know
- Enjoy authentic Italian wine and appetizers for an 'aperitivo' (a traditional Italian evening drink to stimulate your appetite) in one of Rome’s most charming venues
- See some of Rome’s most famous sights including the Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, Piazza Navona, the Pantheon, and others, as they share the tales of the past and present.
- Enjoy the enchanting atmosphere of Rome after dark on this evening walking tour.
- Tour is offered on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday
- Tour is offered at 7:30 pm (1930)
- Small group tour with 15 people or less
- Aperitivo (1 glass of wine/drink and some typical Italian appetizers)
- Expert, English-speaking local guide
- Wear comfortable walking shoes
- Meeting location - Piazza di Spagna (more details are given upon booking)