Duration: 3.5 hours
Type of Service: Roman Countryside Vineyard Estate Tour & Wine Tasting
A wine tasting tour that transports you from the Eternal City to a tranquil hillside Villa encircled by vineyards and olive groves in the Frascati countryside. Grasp Italy’s essence from the hilltops of the famed Castelli Romani, or 'Roman Castles', as you experience history and enjoy a tour of the senses.
The only wine tour of its kind in Rome – visit one of the oldest and most beautiful vineyards in the Frascati region. The 200 acres of grapevines surrounding a 17th-century structure and 3rd-century caverns lined with Acacia and French Oak barrels are treasures of one of Italy's oldest and most distinguished noble families, the Pallavicini.
Our expert, English-speaking guide illustrates the local wine-producing methods from antiquity to the modern day and reveals Imperial Rome as the cradle of wine culture, where wine went from a status symbol of the elite to a pleasure enjoyed by all. This enticing voyage of the senses concludes with a guided wine tasting of a special selection of Pallavicini’s featured white and red wines and fresh pressed olive oil.
Things to know:
- English-speaking tour guide
- Groups no larger than 25 people during guided tour with air-conditioned coach
- Scenic drive to Castellini Romani countryside - the Castelli Romani or ‘Roman Castles,’ is the name used for the towns located southeast of Rome’s countryside, immersed in the natural park of the Lazio region. Generally less frequented by tourists, the area is perfect for those looking to escape from the city while exploring the traditions and culinary-gastronomic offerings of the area.
- Tour a wine estate to learn about the different stages of wine production, from grape to bottle, and hear about the evolution of winemaking techniques through the years.
- Explore the famous Principe Pallavicini wine cellar
- Sample fine wines from the Frascati region during your wine tasting tour
- Local produce to accompany wine-tasting, such as extra virgin olive oil and fresh-baked breadsticks
- With all transport and costs included in your tour, you can relax and enjoy your break. You'll have an expert, English-speaking tour coordinator on hand for the duration to keep you entertained and to share interesting tidbits.
- Tour offered Monday, Thursday, and Saturday
- Tour begins at 3:00 pm (1500)
- Check in for tour is from 2:30 pm - 2:45 pm
- Meeting point location: Piazza Re di Roma - more details are given upon booking