Duration: 3.5 hours
Type of Service: Roman Countryside Vineyard Estate Tour & Wine Tasting
A wine tasting tour that transports you from the Eternal City to a tranquil hillside Villa encircled by vineyards and olive groves in the Frascati countryside. Grasp Italy’s essence from the hilltops of the famed Castelli Romani, or 'Roman Castles', as you experience history and enjoy a tour of the senses.
The only wine tour of its kind in Rome – visit one of the oldest and most beautiful vineyards in the Frascati region. The 200 acres of grapevines surrounding a 17th-century structure and 3rd-century caverns lined with Acacia and French Oak barrels are treasures of one of Italy's oldest and most distinguished noble families, the Pallavicini.
Our expert, English-speaking guide illustrates the local wine-producing methods from antiquity to the modern day and reveals Imperial Rome as the cradle of wine culture, where wine went from a status symbol of the elite to a pleasure enjoyed by all. This enticing voyage of the senses concludes with a guided wine tasting of a special selection of Pallavicini’s featured white and red wines and fresh pressed olive oil.
Things to know:
- English-speaking tour guide
- Groups no larger that 25 people during guided tour
- Expert guided tour of a Frascati vineyard with details on the wine-making process
- Air Conditioned Bus
- Local produce to accompany wine-tasting such as extra virgin olive oil and fresh baked breadsticks
- Tour offered Monday, Thursday, and Saturday
- Tour begins at 3:00 pm (1500)