Duration: Three Hours
Type Of Service: Tour of Rome's Markets - private tour
During our Private Tour of Rome’s Market, you will not only discover the history of Rome and its culinary traditions: you will actually taste the local food!
You will be joined by a private guide: she is a local and she knows the best places to taste delicious specialties in Rome. During your food tour in Rome, you will walk with your private guide through medieval cobblestone alleys and stop at the local Campo de’ Fiori food market. In the area of Campo de' Fiori, you will taste different types of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, traditional Italian gelato (ice cream) or local pastries. While you taste, your private guide will explain to you the products’ origins, their importance in Italian cooking and many other fun facts about Italian food!
Next, in your private tour of Rome’s market, you will go to a traditional bakery called a “Forno” in Italian. Inside this food, heaven bakers make delicious crispy pizza, Roman style, with amazing toppings made of premium natural ingredients. What food tour in Rome would be complete without trying some pizza and finding out what makes the Roman brand of this Italian food staple distinct?
During this private tour of Rome’s Market, you will have a bonus: a visit to the nearby Jewish district. Located in the Rione Sant’Angelo borough, near the river Tiber, the Jewish Ghetto of Rome was established in 1555 and today is one of the most picturesque areas of the city. Walking through its medieval cobblestone alleys, you will also see the remains of this structure built to honor of his sister Octavia. Your journey through the flavors of Rome will continue also in the Jewish district, where you will have the opportunity to stop in a local shop and taste different types of jams. A day of memories, great food, and a full stomach.
Things to know:
- Private walking tour with English-speaking guide
- Explore and experience Campo de’ Fiori market
- Learn about Rome's food and culture heritage as you explore
- Taste Roman Pizza at Forno Bakery
- Sample a large variety of Italian delicacies
- Explore the cobblestone streets of the Jewish district in Riore Sant'Angelo
- The cost of tastings included in tour price
- Wear comfortable walking or tennis shoes
- Meeting Point: Farnese Square, Rome – more details given upon booking