Duration: 3.5 Hours
Type Of Service: Rome Foodie Tour - small group tour
Rome is filled with plenty of authentic and delicious restaurants - We highly recommend our food tour so you can take the guesswork out of your stay and ensure your taste some authentic eats in Rome. On this tour, we'll choose the restaurants and the food! All you have to do is follow your local English-speaking guide from location to location while they entertain you with anecdotes about local Roman cuisine.
The Food Tour in Rome is an excellent way to see Rome's foodie neighborhoods. You will start in the area around the famous Campo de' Fiori where you'll be shown some amazing places. Your Roman food tour begins with a glass of Italian Prosecco or wine, after which you'll learn the true meaning of “Aperitivo”.
The Italian culinary exploration will continue across the Ponte Sisto bridge into Trastevere, a popular Roman neighborhood. This foodie neighborhood is home to hundreds of outstanding Roman restaurants, where you will experience you a myriad of meats & cheeses, pizza, and local Roman pasta dishes.
Among many other stops, you'll visit a farm-to-table "Aperitivo" spot serving amazing finger foods that will delight the senses. You'll also visit a Roman "Pizza al Taglio" shop where you'll see how they cut and weigh pizza for purchase. Even a sit down Roman restaurant acclaimed for it's Authentic Roman Cuisine in an outdoor seating in a beautiful piazza.
This particular Italian food tour focuses on the enjoyment of a typical Italian, or Roman dinner. As you learn about Italian art and history on this walking tour you will definitely work up an appetite. There are light walks between each popular Roman food stop as you fill up on exceptional Italian food & drink! After your food tasting/meals, your tour will end with an exceptional refreshing dessert. A day of food and fun; put on your comfortable walking shoes and an empty stomach!
A day of food and fun; put on your comfortable walking shoes and come with an empty stomach!
Things to know:
- Guided food walking tour of Rome with English-speaking guide
- Small-group walking tour with 10 people or less
- At least 6 stops with 8 tastings
- At least 3 glasses of wine
- The cost of food and tastings included in tour price
- Learn about local history and culture on this walking tour
- Learn about all the great places to eat
- Hear Roman recipes and meet the owners as your tour local establishments
- Enjoy a variety of local food including pizza, pasta, bread, cheese, salami, gelato and more
- Toured offered on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday
- Tour begins at 5:30 PM
- Wear comfortable walking or tennis shoes
- Meeting Point: Near Campo De' Fiori – more details given upon booking