Duration: 9:00am – 5:00pm (8 hours)
Suggested timeframe: 1 hour Pisa / 2 hours Lucca / 1 hour Viareggio Beach
This excursion to Pisa and Lucca will depart from your hotel. A private driver will pick you up at your hotel and take you to Pisa (about a 1.5-hour drive from Florence). You will be dropped off at the great square where all the main historical buildings are located. The Leaning Tower, one of the most famous monuments in the world, the Baptistery, and the Cathedral. If you wish to climb to the top of the Leaning Tower, we will purchase advance admission tickets. After your visit and a few photo opportunities, you will travel about 45 minutes to the enchanting city of Lucca, where you will have some free time for lunch on arrival. Your guide will suggest several restaurants for you to enjoy a casual lunch.
After lunch, stroll the old town center, stopping at historic sites such as the oval Piazza dell’Anfiteatro, center of entertainment in Roman times. Other top attractions to see include the Piazza of San Michele with its beautiful Church of San Michele in Foro, the Basilica of San Frediano, as well as, the Clock Tower and Guinigi Tower, to name just a few. Discover the numerous shops along the way and pick up souvenirs for family and friends. Your next stop is Viareggio which is a popular seaside town along the Tuscan Riviera (Versilia) and is a Riviera-style resort along the Italian coast with gorgeous buildings, luxurious hotels, shops, cafes, and restaurants. Stop for a gelato or a walk along the beach and enjoy the beautiful scenery and white sand beach. It is a popular destination for Italians during the summer months.
Things to Know:
- Minimum of 4
- See the sublime monuments of Pisa’s famed Piazza dei Miracoli
- Enjoy family photos or selfie photos at the marble façade of the Leaning Tower of Pisa
- The Leaning Tower entrance is optional; admission cost is 18 Euros per person; usually, takes 30 minutes to climb the 251 steps; spectacular views once you reach the top.
- The Baptistery admission tickets are 5 Euros per person. (optional)
- Wander the walled city of Lucca to enjoy a casual lunch and shopping
- Self-guided tour of Pisa, Lucca, and Viareggio
- Private Tour - Minimum of 4 and Maximum of 6 (other group sizes inquire)
- Wear comfortable walking shoes