Duration: 2 hours
Type of Service: Grand Canal Boat Tour
There's no better way than on one of Venice Boat Tours to experience the uniqueness of Venice. During this fascinating two-hour tour of the Grand Canal and Hidden Venice, you’ll travel through many of the cities “sestieri“ (neighborhoods) as you enjoy a city sightseeing tours of Venice designed for the first-time visitor to Venice.
The 2-hour Venice boat tours feature a diverse itinerary. You’ll admire the first Cathedral of Venice in the Castello area, San Pietro in this part of Venice), then you’ll enter the imposing “Water Gate“ to access the Arsenal, the historic shipyard, and depot when Venice was an important mercantile city. By boat you’ll also sail out in the open lagoon, passing by Murano and the cemetery island of San Michele, while enjoying fine views (on clear days) of the Dolomites mountains in distance.
Then, continuing our route through the labyrinth of back canals of the city, we'll explore the Cannaregio district and see some of its most charming canals. At the Jewish ghetto, enjoy a quick stop (about 15/20 minutes) to take some photos of this picturesque corner of the city. Then, continue your journey via some of the back canals in the Santa Croce and Dorsoduro areas, stopping at a famous Gondola workshop where craftsmen still produce the traditional Venetian Gondolas.
And of course, during these small group Venice boat tours you’ll cruise down the Grand Canal. Sit back and enjoy the stories as your guide will introduce you to the splendid palaces, churches, gardens, bridges, and warehouses that line Venice's main street. Sightseeing tours of Venice that really capture the beauty of the city and the Venetian lagoon.
Things to Know:
- Small group tour by boat of Grand Canal and minor canals - maximum 8 people per boat
- Explore the waterways of charming Venetian neighborhoods such as Cannaregio, the Jewish Ghetto and Dorsoduro Discover canals away from the tourist trail, as well as attractions such as the Arsenale and Rialto Bridge
- See craftsmen in work at a Dorsoduro gondola workshop
- Stop for photos at the Jewish Ghetto
- Pass by the first cathedral of Venice, San Pietro in Castello
- Enter via the “Porta dell’Acqua“ into the impressive Arsenal, the historic shipyard of Venice
- Highly qualified English-speaking guide
- Tour operates with a minimum of 4 participants
- Spring/Summer Tours are offered 7 days @ week April - July from 10:00 am - 12noon
- Fall tours times are September - November on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10:00 am - 12noon
- Meeting location - at the Entrance to the Royal Gardens on the water front of St. Marks Square (more details are given upon booking)