Duration: 3.5 Hours
Type of Service: Florence Sunset Food Tour – small group tour
An unforgettable evening eating and drinking around Florence’s hippest neighborhood
Set off as the sun dips over the horizon and be introduced to the very best restaurants and wine bars Florence has to offer. See the perfect cocktail being constructed then sip it down at aperitivo o’clock as you watch the world go by on the cobblestoned Santo Spirito streets. Savor artisanal truffle cheese and cured local meats paired with the perfect local vino. Watch a live demonstration of how to cook the ultimate Florentine steak, the Bistecca alla Fiorentina (then taste it, which is even better!). Need we say more? Our local expert guide will also regale you with stories, fascinating history, and a unique glimpse into the best part of Florentine life...the food of course!
Things to Know:
- Tour is offered Monday – Saturday at 5:00 pm / small group tours of 12 people or less
- Experience aperitvo o’clock in the hippest neighborhood in Florence
- Meet our favorite neighborhood deli owners and taste why it’s where locals go for artisan cured meats and cheeses
- Enjoy an interactive negroni making demo and then sip on Florence's most famous cocktail
- Savor iconic Tuscan starters paired with Chianti's finest drops
- Witness a live cooking demonstration of the famous bistecca alla Fiorentina (and enjoy every bite of it afterward
- Discover the local way to finish every meal – it involves vinsanto and biscotti
- Wander down cobblestoned streets as your expert guide makes the city’s history come to life
- Learn the ins and outs of local food culture and how it differs from the rest of Italy (and why life in Tuscany is like no other!)
- The food tour takes place in the neighborhood of Oltrarno which is well connected by public transport.
- Exact meeting address and detailed directions are provided with your booking confirmation. The food tour starts in Piazza Santo Spirito, which is around a 10-minute walk from the Ponte Vecchio on the other side of the river.
- Please bring a bottle of water or you can purchase one at the meeting point.
- While the area is quite flat, we recommend you wear comfortable walking shoes and if rain is forecast, bring an umbrella as we will be outside for most of the tour.
- Gratuities are not included in your ticket price and they are always greatly appreciated. The industry standard for walking tours and cooking classes/activities in Italy is 15%.