Duration: 2.5 Hours
Type of Service: Best of Milan by Night with Rooftop Aperitivo and Appetizers – small group tour
An ‘Aperitivo’ with a View - Meet your tour guide in the heart of Milan in the shadow of one of the most impressive Gothic cathedrals in all of Europe. On this Milan night tour, you’ll see the city’s best, in addition to sipping on a Spritz or glass of Prosecco as the sun goes down and the city lights up for another evening of style. The ‘aperitivo’ is one of Milan’s favorite pastimes and you’ll enjoy this famous evening drink with appetizers as you soak in the atmosphere at one of the city’s top venues with stunning views over the Cathedral of Milan and the skyline of its historic center from a rooftop terrace. This is truly Milan at its finest.
See the City's Most Spellbinding Sights - Your first stop is Milan Cathedral. Often simply referred to as the ‘Duomo’, it is the second largest church in Italy after St. Peter’s. Cherish views of this imposing edifice that took over 6 centuries to complete while its countless spires leave you in awe. In his book ‘Innocents Abroad’, Mark Twain gave it a chapter of its own, describing it as “So grand, so solemn, so vast! And yet so delicate, so airy, so graceful!”
The next stop is the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, a dazzling 19th-century glass vaulted shopping arcade. Brimming with fashionable shops and cafés, it is often called the ‘Drawing Room of Milan’ for its importance as a common meeting point. Passing through the gallery we arrive at Piazza della Scala, the square which houses the world-renowned Scala Theatre, which has been Milan’s Opera House since 1778. Some of the greatest musicians, singers, and composers in history have performed here, most notably Giuseppe Verdi, whose famous operas, such as Falstaff, often premiered on its influential stage.
Milan Will Enchant You as the Sun Goes Down - Next, you’ll go through the Brera District. Rich in historic buildings, literary cafés, restaurants and fashionable bars, this area has long been home to artists and intellectuals alike. Winding picturesque streets will lead you north to Sforza Castle, where your guide will tell bewitching tales of this imposing medieval castle and fortress, once the residence of Milan’s ruling family and now housing several of the city's museums and art collections. At night the battlements are awash in rays of evocative light, making it the perfect ending note in the symphony that is the city of Milan.
Take this opportunity to combine Milan’s best with the unrepeatable chance to enjoy an ‘aperitivo’ in true Milanese style.
You’ll see why this fashionable and dynamic city takes so much of the Italian limelight.
Things to Know:
- On this 2.5-hour tour experience Milan’s most captivating sights on this dazzling evening stroll through the city’s famous streets and piazzas from a local expert guide
- Admire the gothic splendor of the Milan Duomo cathedral
- Take a walking tour around Milan’s historical center at sunset
- Enjoy an aperitivo drink and tidbits at a rooftop terrace overlooking Milan's skyline
- Tour is offered April - November
- Tour is offered on Tuesday and Thursday / small group tours of 15 people or less
- Tour begins at 7:15pm (1915) and check-in is at 7:00pm
- Ideal introduction to Milan for first-time visitors
- Meeting point location - Piazza del Duomo (more details are given upon booking)
- Wear comfortable walking shoes