Duration: 9 hours
You will depart the Firenze Santa Novella Train Station at 7:25 am and arrive in Bologna at 8:00 am.
Your car service/driver will meet you at the Bologna Train station to start your full day Gastronomic Tour. Your first stop on the tour will be at a local Parmigiano Reggiano producer, where you will experience the production of this “King of Cheeses” first hand. You will learn about the traditional phases of production that have remained unvaried for centuries and have been passed down through generations of cheese makers. At the conclusion of the tour, you will be able to taste the parmesan along with other products from the dairy. The gastronomic tour will continue with a stop to see one of the most treasured gastronomic pleasures that have rendered Parma's famous: Prosciutto di Parma. After a tour of the factory, there will be a sumptuous lunch right at the “Prosciuttificio”. Your last stop will be the outskirts of Modena, home to one of Italy's greatest treasures. Anyone will tell you that the Balsamic Vinegar produced in the traditional way by vinegar producing families, is completely different to what is sold in most stores. Aging the perfect vinegar in the wood flavored barrels is a process that can only be learned over time. You are in for a special treat as you visit a traditional acetaia (vinegar) maker and discover the secrets of making the perfect balsamic vinegar.
Things to Know:
- L&B will arrange your round-trip train tickets on the high-speed train.
- Train departs Florence Train Station for Bologna at 7:25 am and arrives at 8:00 am
- Train departs Bologna Train Station for Florence at 1728(5:28 pm) and arrives at(1805)6:05 pm
- Private car service/driver will pick you up from the train station upon your arrival in Bologna
- Opportunity to interact with local cheese and balsamic vinegar producers
- Wear comfortable walking shoes
- Private Tour - Minimum 6 people - Maximum 8 (from smaller group sizes please inquire)
- Lunch not included in tour cost at Prosciutto Factory – 35 euros per person
- Tour offered 7 days @ week during Spring and Summer
- During winter months tour is offered Monday - Friday