Duration: 3 to 3.5 hours
Type of Service: Lovely Sorrento Walking Tour - private tour
Sorrento is a pretty town near Naples and is one of the most requested summer resorts. It’s very well organized for tourism and is situated a short distance from many others tourist attractions. It is said that its name is connected to the myth of the Syrens and the legend Ulysses. Birthplace of Torquato Tasso and selected site of Enrico Caruso, Sorrento is rich in history and culture. Strolling to the old center will be an unforgettable experience to get in touch with the soul of the inhabitants. Sorrento is also nature, sun, sea and food! This tour ends with a visit to one of the most famous Limoncello factories with a tasting of local produce.
Tasso Square - You’ll meet your guide in the main center called Tasso square for a relaxing walking tour through Sorrento. Nowadays this summer retreat is so trendy, yet at the same time a very ancient town: traces of the Greek colonization are still preserved in the Greek layout of the historical center with its cobbled streets filled with little cafes, restaurants and shops selling typical souvenirs or local produce. Upon request it’s possible to stop in a limoncello factory to taste the famous digestive made with the special lemons of Sorrento.
Old Town - The tour continues to the old town: your attention will be captured by the Seat Dominova where the noble families of Sorrento were used to meet and the imposing Bell Tower of the main church of Sorrento. You’ll be amazed by the breathtaking view of the Bay of Naples as soon as you’ll get to the public gardens, the best moment for panoramic shots! Near the entrance of the gardens you’ll see the cloister of Saint Francis, a lovely quaint courtyard dating back to the XIV century: different architectural styles characterize it and during the summer hosts some events, usually weddings or concerts of classical music.
- The main square
- Italy Avenue
- The Old towns and the Seat Dominova
- The public gardens
- The Medieval cloister of Saint Francis
- Visit the Big Marina that is the former fishing village of Sorrento
Things to Know:
- English speaking guide / private tour
- Sorrento is a small town and all the most important sights are located within pedestrian areas
- This tour ends with the visit of one of the most famous Limoncello factories with a tasting of local produce
- Tour is offered Monday – Saturday
- Tour is offered at 8:30am, 9:00am, 9:30am and 4:00pm (1600), based on availability
- Meeting Point Location: Tasso Square – more details provided upon booking
- Clients can choose to stop for a coffee, gelato or snack during the tour – drinks and food are at client’s own expense
- Wear comfortable walking or tennis shoes
- From May to September - weather can be very hot and light clothing is suggested
- Tour is available for children at a discounted rate - please provide your child's age and inquire about youth discounts