Duration: 4 hours
Type of Service: Villa Ida Cooking Class in Sorrento
Your cooking lessons will take place in Sorrento in an amazing setting in private grounds with beautifully manicured gardens, orange and lemon trees, swimming pool, outdoor patio and ceramic decorations. Upon your arrival, we will be welcomed with fresh orange juice, a slice of delicately flavored plum cake with Neapolitan coffee. You will move into the kitchen area and embark your unique experience of learning to cook delicious Italian food. Classes are based on menus of traditional Italian cuisine with particular emphasis on Neapolitan recipes.
Although the menus vary according to the season, you will begin with an appetizer, continue with a first and second course, and end with a delicious dessert, all prepared by you and others in your cooking classes. The recipes will be clearly demonstrated in a warm and relaxed atmosphere by “Zia Angela”, who will share with you the secrets of preparing typical local cuisine as she learned from her mother “Ida“.
Menus are selected that reflect the freshest ingredients of the season, and the vegetables featured in the menus are produced at “Tenuta Mastro Giacomo” by Zia Angela’s husband. Typical Neapolitan music will set the tone for your cooking classes.
The cooking classes last approximately 3 hours, during which you will take a break to visit the family’s wine cellar and taste some uniquely handcrafted, homemade wines and local cheeses. “Charlie” the man behind the production of this wine, will explain the various phases of his wine production. Then, carafes will be filled with a selection of these wines that you will enjoy while continuing you’re your lessons and with your lunch.
At the end of your cooking lesson, you will enjoy the fruits of your labor and dine on all that you created, either by the pool, under the “Pergolato” or in the cozy “winter garden” by a warm fire.
Things to Know:
- Cooking class begins at 9:30am and concludes at 1:30pm
- Cooking class – minimum of 2 and maximum of 20 people
- An interpreter/hostess will assist guests during the cooking lesson and will serve lunch at the end of the class
- At the end of the lesson, you will receive the recipes
- Fun, Informative, Great Food and Highly Recommended Cooking Class
- Afternoon cooking class available from 4:00pm – 8:00pm based on availability
- Class offered Monday – Saturday, year-round based on availability
- Meeting Point Location: Walking and Driving directions are given upon booking