Duration: 3 hours
Type of Service: Sorrento Food Walking Tour
Experience Sorrento Walking Tour like a local on this 3 hour delicious, fun-filled adventure through the historic center
- Taste over 13+ authentic specialties including classic sfogliatelle, arancini-rice balls, real buffalo mozzarella, gelato & more!
- Visit a local trattoria to enjoy homemade gnocchi Sorrentina, real buffalo mozzarella and vino!
- Limoncello Tour of Sorrento-walk through a lemon grove, learn how the best limoncello is made and other liquors and lemony treats
- Enjoy a leisurely stroll through the cobblestone streets, see the ruins of Valley of the Mills and spectacular view of Mt. Vesuvius
- Meet local chefs, artisans, and business owners and take home our signature Savor Sorrento dining suggestions
- Enhance your stay after the tour by knowing the best eateries to return to and dishes to order
What to Expect
One-Of-A-Kind Food Tastings – Tease your taste buds with traditional specialties chosen to highlight the best local flavors of the Campania region. Indulge in more than 13 delectable food and drink tastings at 8 different locations. Stroll through the charming streets of Sorrento with majestic Mt. Vesuvius as the backdrop while savoring authentic dishes and sipping local libations. You’ll meet the charismatic entrepreneurs, chefs, and local artisans who preserve these cultural traditions.
Stops Include – a favorite family-owned trattoria serving tradition gnocchi Sorrentina and buffalo mozzarella, a lemon grove and limoncello factory, unique-style pizzeria, the candy-man’s specialty bon bons, market meats, cheeses and artisanal beer, the best arancini rice balls and Neapolitan sfogliatelle pastries and gelato! All food tastings are included in the ticket price.
Historic & Cultural Experience – Between tastings, you will gain insights into the city’s cultural highlights, food history and tips “how to eat Italian”. Our passionate, local guides share their knowledge and recommendations of architectural gems, enchanting local flora, fascinating ruins and exciting local attractions and restaurants.
Small Group Sizes & Knowledgeable Local Guides -Tour groups are intentionally kept small with a maximum of 14 guests per tour in order to ensure a personalized and comfortable experience for everyone. This tour is the perfect way to experience Sorrento including bits of fascinating cultural history and food history!
Things to Know:
- Small tour groups of no more than 14 guests per guide ensures a personalized experience
- Feel free to bring your camera, wear sunscreen and hat in summer and comfortable walking shoes. Water is available for purchase at all locations and included at lunch.
- To maximize your chances of getting the day, time, and the number of tickets you prefer, please book well in advance.
- Bathrooms are available during the tour at most of the food-tasting locations.
- We dine-rain or shine! In the event of inclement weather, we will be able to go inside many of the establishments on the tour. Please dress accordingly or bring an umbrella.
Walking Tours are offered at 10:30am and 4:00pm - check in for tour is 15 minutes before tour time
- Tour days are Monday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday
Meeting point location - Main Square Piazza Tasso (more details given upon booking)
You simply won’t find any other way to experience the city this authentically and you’ll leave with unforgettable and delicious dining memories you will treasure for years to come.
Book your small group walking tour at the beginning of your stay so you will be informed of all the best eateries and hot-spots.