Duration: 13 hours
Type Of Service: Cinque Terre and Portovenere in One Day from Florence
Set sail to Cinque Terre National Park - The cruise across the Gulf of Poets will bring you to the town of Portovenere, one of the most stunning places on the West Coast of Italy. You’ll notice fishermen’s boats docked daintily by the beach, colorful homes peppering the scenery, an old castle looming on the horizon, churches standing omnipresent. It’s quite breathtaking. Enjoy free time to explore this beautiful village on your own, seeing what you want, wherever your fancy carries you.
We’ll once again catch the boat and continue our cruise up the Ligurian coast, because there is no better way to admire the beautiful UNESCO world heritage site of Cinque Terre National Park than from the sea! See how the inhabitants overcame the challenge of nature’s steep and uneven hillsides, creating unique towns with unparalleled views, with homes that stretch back through the centuries.
After a pleasant 1.25-hour cruise, we’ll stop at Monterosso, the largest town among the Cinque Terre. Dine on a local dish of pesto as you please, selecting that which tempts your taste buds most. Stroll, shop, sit, swim (don’t forget to pack your swimsuit just in case you’d like to take a dip in the sea) or even hike!
Walk the Italian Vineyards - To make the most out of this Cinque Terre experience, we offer an optional 45 minutes light hike, for those who want to see the stunning mainland and coastline scenery from a different perspective. Let your tour leader guide you through the terraced vineyards, the ancient olive groves and the spectacular panoramic views that will stay in your memories forever. After the hike, you will still be able to enjoy free time and wander around the charming town of Monterosso. So, the choice is entirely yours!
Train to Manarola - Then it is “all aboard!” as you are taken by train to the oldest town of Manarola, characterized by its colorful boats and waterfront looking out over the blue-grey rocks to the sea. It is so picturesque it will seem like you’ve stepped into a Renaissance painting. But it is entirely authentic, we can assure you. Once again, take your time to amble around the area on your own and discover everything fate has in store for you.
Be sure to savor your final sampling of the Liguria region’s famous flavors, including its highly prized pesto, because soon you’ll be back on board the train for a quick ride to your private air-conditioned coach to Florence. Use this return trip to rest while relishing in the wonderful memories just collected on this one-of-a-kind tour. You deserve it.
Things to Know:
- Tour operates late March - October
- Tour operates Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
- Meeting Point: the tour starts directly from Piazza dell’Unità Italiana - more details upon booking
- Tour check-in at 7:00am / Tour departs at 7:15am
- Leave behind the Renaissance treasures of Florence for the day to discover the rugged beauty of the Ligurian coastline
- Dine on a local dish as you stroll, shop, people watch, swim or even take a 30-minute light hike
- Free time in Portovenere, Monterosso, and Manarola
- Train tickets for short transfers between the towns /ticket for 1.5-hour boat cruise
- Round-trip transport from Florence in a comfortable air-conditioned vehicle
- Casual attire, wear comfortable walking shoes, preferably tennis shoes, cap/visor, sunglasses and a bottle of water (swimsuit and towel – optional)
- 45-minute optional hike with tour leader available during tour or free time for shopping
- Small group tour of 25 people or less