Duration: 8 hours
Type of Service: Personal sommelier - wine expert on board, awarded but non-commercial wineries visit with the vintners and historical overview of the region
Tour Description: The Chianti Classico area is the most beautiful Tuscan wine region crossed by the scenic road SR 222 running between Florence and Siena, both great home bases if you are thinking about booking this wine tour.
The area is a patchwork of mountains, soft rolling hills covered by olive trees and slopes with perfectly cared vineyards where more than 200 Tuscan vintners are growing local grape varieties such as Sangiovese along with international grape varieties introduced in Tuscany several years ago such as Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir.
A full day in Chianti will consist of a scenic drive and a wine tour rich in cultural insights from Etruscan times till modern times always with a deep attention to the history of winemaking in Tuscany through accurate cellar visits, generous wine tastings of Chianti Classico, Chianti Classico Riserva and Super Tuscans.
Things to Know
- Day trip from Florence to the beautiful Chianti wine region with a licensed sommelier
- Visit 2 wineries, cellar visit and tastings of wine
- Away from the crowds and big group tours, you will have access to unique wineries, off the beaten path locations, authentic Tuscan food not "snacks", professional and guided wine and olive oil tastings.
- The tour is tours a full day minivan excursion, a minimum of 3 participants is required and maximum of 8 participants
- Tour offered Monday to Sunday (Mid-March- Mid-November)
- Tour pick-up time is between 9:00am – 9:30am based on number of participants
- During winter times, tours might be limited to weekdays only - please inquire about times
- Pick-up and drop off directly at your lodging from the center city of Florence or Siena (from Siena a minimum of 3 people per booking)
- Wear comfortable clothing and walking or tennis shoes