Duration: 8:30am – 5:30pm (9 hours)
A very unique and different tour of Tuscany awaits you on our Private Florence day tours of Lucca & Carrara. Enjoy a fascinating walking tour of Lucca, and visit Pietrsanta in the heart of Carrara country. Following a drive up through the Appuan Alps to admire Carrara Marble quarries for further insights into the most famous marble in the world. Traveling with one of our Local Expert Driver-Guides of whom all possess an in-depth knowledge of Tuscany, you'll enjoy an insider's view of the region.
After an interesting tour of the town, we'll visit a sculptor's studio to see the fine work of the local artisans. Following a break for lunch (optional) in Pietrasanta, we'll make our way to the beautiful city of Lucca. Lucca is famous for its sturdy walls that still encircle the town and its Romanesque architecture. After a walking tour of Lucca, you will have free time for shopping before returning to Florence.
Things to Know:
- Tour departs from your Florence Hotel
- See where Italy's Carrera marble comes from and a scenic drive through the marble quarries
- Detailed explanations about ancient and modern excavation methods
- Visit Pietrasanta in the heart of the Carrara marble country and famous stone masons shops
- Visit a local sculptor's studio for further insights into the most famous marble in the world
- Walking tour of the beautiful City of Lucca
- Free time for shopping in Lucca before departing back to Florence
- Private Tour - Minimum of 4 and Maximum of 6 (for larger group sizes please inquire within)
- Lunch options in City of Pietrasanta or City of Lucca (client's preference of restaurant location - lunch is not included in tour price)
- Tour is offered daily between Mid-March - Mid-November
- Tour begins at 8:30am and concludes at 5:30pm
- Wear comfortable walking shoes