Duration: 7.5 hours
Type of Service: Meat Lovers Tour, 7 course meat meal including Bistecca alla Fiorentina - private tour
We will start by driving from Siena or pick you up from your hotel in Florence in our air-conditioned van. We will drive into the heart of the Chianti region, which winds past vineyards and olive groves. There is plenty of time to snap some photos as we make our way to the small town of Panzano. Time for a welcome pop up Prosecco toast, at a very scenic spot. From here we will visit a 5th generation family butcher shop owned by Dario Cecchini, a man who is very passionate about his craft. This butcher shop was always known by the locals, but gained much notoriety after a visit by TV food show host Anthony Bourdain.
Before lunch, we'll enjoy an aperitivo in the shop tasting such local specialties such salami and cheeses, followed by a 7-course meal, that is focused on... you got it... MEAT!
Sit back, roll up your sleeves, as we are served table side from the wood burning grill for some most unforgettable tasting cuts of meats and steaks, all culminating to the most famous steak of all the Bistecca alla Fiorentina. This is one of those once in a lifetime experiences. The staff are friendly and the atmosphere is inviting. It feels like family sitting down to enjoy some amazing food. We have often been offered an after-dinner grappa or brandy with our dessert. This meat lovers experience is approximately a 3-hours long, followed by appetizers, so come hungry, and prepare to enjoy true Tuscan hospitality.
After lunch we suggest a stroll (the Italians call it a passeggiata) through the small village of Panzano and the town of Castellina in Chianti. This will help us digest our meal. After our brief stroll we will stop for a coffee or gelato along the way home.
We provide water and snacks in the van for the day. Sit back, relax and enjoy the local specialties we have chosen for you while taking in the incredible views of the Chianti region.
Things to Know:
- Welcome Prosecco toast at scenic spot for photos in Panzano
- Aperitivo at the butcher shop of Dario Cecchini
- Dario Cecchini is a leading contemporary internationally known Italian butcher from Panzano in the Chianti region of Italy
- A 7-course meal including Bistecca alla Fiorentina
- Lunch is served with vino rosso della casa and water
- Coffee and/or gelato during your walk in the small village
- Tour is offered March - November
- Tour is offered Monday - Sunday - based on availability-advanced reservations required
- Tour begins from your accommodations in Siena at 10:00am back at your hotel by 5:30pm
- Tour begins from your accommodations in Florence at 10:00am back at your hotel by 5:30pm
- Discounts given for groups of 4 to 6 people
- There is a minimum of 2 people for this tour
- Enjoy this private tour with your English-speaking driver Massi who is a native of Siena
- Massi is an excellent host and will provide you with an amazing journey through the Tuscan countryside
- Bottled water and snack are provided in the van
- We suggest wearing comfortable shoes and loose comfortable clothing
- Lunch cost not included in tour price - guests will need to pay 50 euros per person at the end of the meal to the restaurant