Duration: 9:00am – 5:00pm (8 hours)
This excursion to Pisa and Lucca will depart from your Florence hotel. A private driver will pick you up at your hotel. Your driver will talk to you about our way of life, traditions, history about the places you’ll visit and will tell you what is worth to be visited in every place (I’m confused by this “what is worth to be visited in every place”). Pisa is famous for the leaning tower and is a 1- hour drive from Florence. We usually stop here for an hour or more to give you the opportunity to climb up the tower (reservation is recommended). After Pisa we’ll drive to Lucca, a 30-minute drive from Pisa. The driver will drop you off within the city walls, where upon departure he’ll swing back around to pick you up. Lucca is a nice place to visit walking. The other places of interest are not far one another. Your driver will tell you where the best places to visit are in the city and, at the end, will drive you back to your accommodations in Florence. This is a private tour. What does it mean? It means that you’ll be able to do different things like spend more time in one of the two locations or visit somewhere else close by. This is something that you’ll be able to consider together with your driver. He will also suggest the best restaurants to have lunch. Your driver will be as flexible as possible to make this the best tour for you.
Things to Know:
- Visit the Tuscany towns of Pisa and Lucca on this day trip from Florence
- Your first stop is Pisa, a city famous for its architectural beauty. Walk around Piazza dei Miracoli to see its celebrated monuments: Pisa Baptistery, Pisa Duomo and the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
- Enjoy family photos or selfie photos at the marble façade of the Leaning Tower of Pisa
- The Leaning Tower entrance is optional; admission cost is 18 Euros per person. It usually, takes 30 minutes to climb the 251 steps; spectacular views once you reach the top.
- The Baptistery admission tickets are 5 Euros per person. (optional)
- Wander the walled city of Lucca to enjoy a casual lunch and shopping
- Self-guided tour of Pisa and Lucca
- Private Tour - Minimum of 2 and Maximum of 7 (other group sizes inquire)
- Florence Hotel pickup in Center City at 8:45am
- Tour offered daily - year round
- Wear comfortable walking shoes
Note: We will provide a Chauffer to drive you throughout the day.