Duration: 12 hours
Type of Service: VIP Tuscany Grand Tour: one-day Best of Siena, San Gimignano, Pisa and Chianti - small group tour
In the 17th and 18th centuries young European aristocrats and cultivated Americans used to set off on a voyage of learning through Italy, birthplace of Western history and all art, a lifetime milestone known as the Grand Tour. Experience the fascination of this legendary journey!
Comprising visits to the most remarkable ancient towns and to the rolling Chianti hills, memorable views and flavorful culinary and wine experiences is what our Small-Group Tuscany Grand Tour allows you to discover, the the heart and soul of gorgeous Tuscany.
Depart in full comfort aboard our state-of-the-art minivan, with your dedicated English-speaking driver and tour escort, and reach Siena. Set in a beautiful landscape, surrounded by vineyards and olive groves, it is one of the most enchanting medieval cities in Italy.
Led by a knowledgeable English-speaking guide you will discover the town's most striking sights, admire the marvelous Piazza del Campo - where twice a year dashing horses compete in the heart-rendering Palio race - and enjoy a flavorful surprise: a tasting of a local specialty.
Then travel on to San Gimignano, UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the most splendid examples of an ancient walled town. Renowned as “the city of beautiful towers” or "Tuscany's Manhattan" it boasts an exceptional skyline. It is one of the and most well-preserved, towns in the whole of Italy and has been used as a background in many movies.
Stroll the maze of quaint cobblestone streets at your leisure, discover the tall towers, which characterize the town. Breathe in the authentic atmosphere and then set off across the vineyard-clad Chianti hills for a scrumptious Tuscan lunch and wine tasting in the charming premises of a boutique winery.
Sample authentic Tuscan flavor and enjoy the privilege of a private visit to the estate's wine cellar. After lunch, you will visit a fascinating village of Impruneta to learn all about its extraordinary terra cotta production, and then travel on to Pisa.
In Pisa discover the airy majesty of Piazza dei Miracoli (the Miracle Square), which consists of the leaning tower, Romanesque Duomo, and baptistery. The ever-fascinating Leaning Tower, bell tower of the Cathedral, has been proposed as one of the seven wonders of the modern world and is truly a sight to see (tickets to climb the tower are not included).
At the end of the visit travel back to Florence in full comfort, as your eyes and heart rest upon the day's marvelous enchanted sights.
Our Tuscany Grand Tour is more than a tour, it is a memorable lifetime cultural experience.
Things to Know:
- VIP small group tour of 16 people or less
- Discover the Best of Tuscany in a day
- An incredible journey through Middle Ages and Renaissance art and history
- Visit Siena, San Gimignano, Pisa with its Leaning Tower (tower tickets not included)
- Enjoy a relaxed escape from the crowds, visiting a prestigious winery and its cellars
- Learn about Tuscan wine production and taste the Chianti wines
- Savor a delicious typical Tuscan lunch in a boutique winery in Chianti
- Magnificent views of Tuscan landscapes
- Wear comfortable walking or tennis shoes
- Tour is offered year round
- Tour offered 7 days a week based on availability
- Tour departs at 8:00am / Tour check-in at 7:45am
- Meeting Point Location: Piazza della Repubblicca - more details are provided upon booking