Duration: Three Hours, (includes one-hour visit to the interior of Doge's Palace)
Type of Service: Walking food tour of Venice
On this three-hour tour, provides a great introduction to Venice’s famous landmarks, including Doge’s Palace, and enjoy the authentic Venetian food and wine traditions at a local osteria.
Your personal local guide will provide you a walking tour of the picturesque Venetian calli (streets) and ponti (bridges) of Venice, telling you the incredible history and secrets of this unique city. You’ll admire the center of the Venetian power during the Serenissima Republic of Venice: Piazza San Marco (St Mark square) and its fascinating buildings, such as the Basilica di San Marco and Palazzo Ducale (Doge’s Palace), which was the heart of the political life and public administration of the Venetian Republic. Follow some incredible off-the-beaten-track itineraries and discover Venice's best-kept secrets, then taste the authentic Venetian food & wine traditions in a typical “osteria.” Mix up with the locals and enjoy a tasty Venetian aperitif with “cicchetti e un’ombra di vino” (finger food and a glass of wine), that will invigorate your spirit and make you look at Venice from the locals’ point of view!
Things to Know:
- 3-hour private walking tour of Venice
- Experience the grandeur and history of Venice on this tour of a one-hour interior visit to the Doge’s Palace.
- See notable Venice attractions like the Rialto Fish Market and the Cannaregio Quarter, as well as lesser-known sights
Sip on a glass of wine and enjoy appetizers at a traditional Venetian osteria
- Minimum of 2 and Maximum of 8
- Tour is offered Tuesday through Saturday based on availability
- Tour can be offered on Mondays with no interior visit to Doge's Palace
- Tour is offered at 9:00 am and 2:00 pm
- Meet your private guide at either your hotel or St. Mark's Square in the heart of the city
- Your friendly, English-speaking guide will answer all your questions and provide personalized insights so you can get the most out of your time
- Admission fees, skip the line tickets, private tour guide, and tasting fees included in tour cost
- Wear comfortable walking shoes