Duration: 3.25 hours
Type of Service: Venice Foodie Walking Tour with Progressive Dinner through Cannaregio - Discover one of Venice's most authentic and traditional neighborhoods by eating your way through it!
Our Progressive Dinner Tour through Venice’s Cannaregio neighborhood visits at least 5 tasting locations in this historic community. Full portion tastings plus wine, enough for a full dinner, are included in the ticket price and offer many samples of Venetian delicacies.
We start by offering the top three most important traditional foods in the city. These recipes date back 500 years and are still eaten daily by Venetians. We feel it is very important to share these with you because it helps offer a greater understanding of Venice and her people. As many traditions erode, Venetians hold tightly to their culinary ones, knowing that it is vital to maintaining a connection to the past, and what better way to do that than through food. You will learn about all of the Venetian foods as you walk from bacaro to bacaro to eat them.
From there, it’s on to a traditional trattoria for more authentic Venetian dishes such as risotto and fritto misto, mixed fried seafood.
Then, we move on to gelato, because you are in Venice and it’s required by law to have at least a gelato per day. We’ll help you meet that quota.
Finally, we end along the Grand Canal for the proper Venetian Spritz.
Between tastings, you’ll receive a behind-the-scenes look at one of Venice’s most intriguing neighborhoods. You will meet the chefs and the cooks, the owners and the servers. We will share our expertise of local customs and eclectic folklore so you can have an authentic Venetian experience.
Things to know:
- Enjoy a progressive dinner while strolling through Venice's Cannaregio neighborhood
- 5-6 stops in neighborhood eateries, which includes tastings in all and 5 glasses of wine.
- Taste Venetian specialties such as cicchetti, risotto and local wines.
- Tour begins at 6:30pm / 3.25 hours covering 2 miles (3km)
- Tour is offered Monday - Thursday
- Small group tour of 6 people per tour / ages 14 years to adults
- Experience the Traghetto, the two-manned gondola that crosses the Grand Canal!
- Eat dinner like locals do!
- What to Wear: Dress according to the weather. Venice, Italy is a four-season city. Summers can be hot and very humid. Winters can get bone-chilling. Since we will be walking a lot outside, it's best to dress in layers. And we can't stress enough - wear comfortable shoes!
- Tour conducted rain or shine
- Please keep in mind that Venice has approximately 400 bridges and uneven cobblestone streets, so mobility is important. If assistance is needed, we will do our best to accommodate you.
- Meeting Point: Meet guide at the wellhead in Campo Giacometto, just off the base of the Rialto Bridge on the San Polo side – more details provided upon booking
- Tour Cost: $ 148.00 per person