Duration: 12 hours
Type of Service: Full Day Pompeii Tour from Rome with Mt. Vesuvius Volcano - small group tour
Discover Pompeii and the still-active volcano that brought the bustling Roman city to its terrible end on this exclusive day trip from Rome to Pompeii and Mt. Vesuvius.Explore the city of Pompeii with an expert, English-speaking guide who will help you make the most of your time here. In 1.5 hours, you’ll see the most fascinating sites of the city, from plaster death casts to Pompeii’s fast food joints and streets cut out by carriage wheels 2,000 years ago. Visiting on a day trip, it’s impossible to walk all of Pompeii, but our carefully-planned route means you’ll see the best of it, with the most representative and well-preserved buildings it has to offer.
During our time in Pompeii group sizes will be limited to 25 people or less with headsets for every visitor, so your guide will be easy to hear and interact with. Like all tour operators, we use official, licensed Pompeii guides for this section of our tour. However, as is the case with our own staff, these guides are carefully chosen by us. We constantly evaluate Pompeii guides and ask for feedback from every customer to ensure that we only use the most talented and knowledgeable in their pool.
Another high point of our tour comes when we climb to the ridge of the crater of Mt. Vesuvius. This destructive force, which buried Pompeii in 79 AD, is to this day considered one of the most dangerous volcanoes in the world because of the 3,000,000 people who live around its base. Lava flows have scarred the sides of the volcano and are visible on the winding road up to the top – where you will take in incredible views over the Bay of Naples and its islands below.
During the winter season (November 20th - March 31st) and on days when Mt. Vesuvius is closed due to weather conditions, your tour of the past will take you to the National Archaeological Museum of Naples instead. Here you’ll see a fantastic array of artifacts, mosaics, statues and artwork excavated from Pompeii and Herculaneum – the perfect way to complement a visit to the ruins.
With transport to and from Rome included on a comfortable, air-conditioned coach, an expert, English-speaking tour leader to accompany you for the day and traditional Neapolitan pizza lunch, you won’t have to worry about anything but what you came to see. Take the extra time to reflect on one of Italy’s most fascinating sights – a city buried that was buried for thousands of years before being rediscovered 'frozen' in time.
Things to Know:
- Tour offered daily based on availability
- Tour Check-In at 7:15am / Tour departs at 7:30am
- English-speaking tour leader for the day
- Official, licensed, English-speaking guide in Pompeii
- Groups no larger than 25 people during the guided tour of Pompeii
- Round-trip transport from Rome in private, air-conditioned coach
- Ticket and reservation fees for Pompeii
- Traditional Neapolitan pizza lunch
- Entry ticket to Mt. Vesuvius (April 1st - November 19th) or National Archeological Museum of Naples (November 20th - March 31st).
- Headsets in Pompeii so you can always hear your guide
- Meeting point location: Piazza del Popolo (more details and map provided upon booking)
- Wear comfortable walking or tennis shoes (no heels, boots or flip-flops)