Duration: Three Hours
Type Of Service: Trastevere for Foodies Walking and Market Tour - small group tour
Trastevere for Foodies is a delight for the true foodie looking to get a real flavor of Roman life, through our food! With its narrow cobblestone streets and laneways, Trastevere is the most picturesque Roman neighborhood and one you need to visit during your stay. During the day, it’s like a small village with timeless and artisan shops serving the same local families for generations – many of which we’ll visit together, tasting the amazing food and exploring these local spots along the way.
On this 4-hour guided walking food tour, we visit the colorful outdoor food market and meet some of the stallholders who have been selling their produce there for generations. You’ll also visit local food stores and talk to the wonderful families working hard to preserve Roman food traditions. This tour features some unique cultural and historical sites that few tourists get an opportunity to see. Join us for a day living like a true local!
Things to Know:
- Sample fresh ingredients at one of Rome's most historic outdoor food markets
- Meet a local family who has been selling meats and cheeses at their famous deli
- Taste delicious amatriciana and cacio e pepe pastas with wine and fresh bread at a local osteria
- Meet a neighborhood pastry chef and taste her specialties of the day in the bakery
- Get information and enjoy Rome's most popular gelato shop
- Visit Rome's best biscotti shop
- 12 individual food tastings
- Detailed information on how to arrive at the meeting point will be provided at time of booking
- Tour offered Monday - Saturday (tour is not available during the month of August)
- Tour times are 10:45am and 11:30am / 4-hour small group tour of 12 people or less
- Wear comfortable walking or tennis shoes