Duration: 8 Day/ 7 night
Type of package: Private trip package
Piedmont, has it all: gorgeous golf courses, deep red wine and some of the most delicious foods in all of Italy. This trip highlights the most gorgeous golf greens, while still making time to enjoy the best culinary and scenic aspects of the region. Come with us, relax on the greens. Enjoy sipping world-class Barbaresco, overlooking the rolling hills of the wineries. After learning how to cook traditional Italian cuisine, heighten your taste-buds by feasting at a Michelin starred restaurant. Allow yourself to be dazzled by the gorgeous city of Turin, the life-blood of the contemporary art movement in Italy. This is truly the height of relaxation.
Trip at a glance:
(Day 1): Transfer from airport in Milan. Check in – relax at your luxury golf resort, enjoy dinner
(Day 2): Truffle Hunt, wine tasting and dinner
(Day 3): Golf at an 18 holes par 70 course along the gentle slopes of the surrounding hills, in an area of 75 hectares (185 acres) with an overall length of 5,320 m (3,29 miles). Dinner at Michelin starred restaurant
(Day 4): Market tour and cooking class in Asti, then guided tour of Asti
(Day 5): Wine tasting at a Barolo winery. Guided tour of Alba, dinner in Nieve.
(Day 6): Guided tour of Turin + dinner
(Day 7): Drive to Cherasco to play golf in another scenic 18 holes course, designed by Marco Croze, surrounded by water and green vegetation. After, guided tour of Pollenzo. Farewell dinner.
(Day 8): Transfer to the airport (Milan)
Things to know:
- Private Trip
- Minimum of 8
- Maximum of 16
- Meeting Place: Driver will pick up from Airport
- Must be booked twenty days in advance
- Transportation will be provided when visiting wineries and for 5 dinners. Airport transfers are included
- A rental car is required for this trip
- 7 Breakfasts, 1 lunch, 1 brunch with wine tasting
- 6 dinners (including one Michelin starred dinner)
- 1 wine tasting at a Barolo producer
- 1 cooking class
- 2 full days of guided tours
- Transportations on minibus or van as per program (including transfers for 5 dinners)
- 2 hours of guided tours (days 4,6,7)
- Food tasting in Alba
- Chocolate drink in Turin
- Truffle Hunting
- Golf cart, equipment and gear
- Any meal or entrance fee expenses
- Transportation outside of program
Day 1: Arrival Day
-The day will begin by meeting your driver at Milan airport (MXP or LIN) inside the arrival hall, after baggage claim. Drive to Asti and check-in at your accommodation, a golf resort surrounded by the UNESCO World Heritage countryside of the Monferrato hills.
-This afternoon relax and maybe take a first walk in the countryside. Tonight dinner is served at the resort's restaurant.
Meals Included: Dinner
Day 2: Truffle hunting and brunch with a wine producer
- Drive to the heart of the Monferrato hills where seashells and tropical fossils left five millions of years ago are still visible on the ground. Meet the truffle hunter and engage in a traditional "hunt" for these delicious culinary masterpieces. The guide will help you to translate with the hunter understanding the strong connection between him and the truffle dogs he uses to hunt.
- Today for lunch we meet a local family that for generations have been producing the typical red wine "Barbera Nizza." After touring the estate, the family will sit down at the table to partake in a traditional farmer's brunch made of local salami, cheese, frittata, homemade pasta and other local specialties. Sample home-cooking delights with four different wines and relax with the views of the UNESCO Monferrato hills.
- Drive back to the resort and relax before dinner.
- tonight we will drive few miles to get to a local trattoria and savour another traditional Piedmontese meal.
Meals Included: Breakfast, brunch and dinner
Day 3: Playing Golf and Michelin starred dinner
- Today is yours to play golf or to relax or to hike in the countryside. Take advantage of the green and play golf in this beautiful course designed by the international designer Graham Cooke as a “British links course.” He has designed this 18 holes par course along the gentle slopes of the surrounding hills, in an area of 75 hectares (185 acres) with an overall length of 5,320 m (3.29 miles). Please note cart and equipment/gear are not included in the green fee and they are available for an extra charge
- Lunch on your own
- Meet in the lobby of your hotel with your driver who will take you to a Michelin starred restaurant for an unforgettable fine dining experience.
- Drive back to your hotel
Meals Included: Breakfast and Dinner
Day 4: Cooking class in Asti
- Drive to Asti and meet your English-speaking chef who will take you for a walk to the produce market to buy some of the ingredients for your cooking class.
- After a short walk, you'll be wearing aprons and chef's hat in the cooking school located behind one of the main churches and piazza of Asti. Learn how to prepare three traditional recipes in this full hands-on cooking class.
- Lunch is following to taste what you have made!
- Meet the local guide at the cooking school and start a walking tour to explore the city center of Asti, founded by the Romans and turned into a powerful medieval town. You will step inside the largest Gothic Cathedral of Piemonte, built in 1326 and boasting precious paintings from the XVI century. The walking tour of Asti will include the medieval towers, the Jewish ghetto and the square where the oldest horse race of Italy (Palio) is run every year.
- Enjoy some free time in Asti, maybe for some shopping or for some artisanal gelato!
- Drive back to the hotel. Tonight dinner is on your own.
Meals Included: Breakfast and Lunch
Day 5: Barolo and Alba
- Transfer to the area of production of the famous Barolo wine. Visit a traditional Barolo producer that ages the Nebbiolo grapes in old oak barrels and tasting at least three wines. Later the guide will take you on a panoramic drive, over the Langhe hills with photo stops opportunities and a walk around the medieval fortress of Serralunga d'Alba. End with some free time in the town of Barolo for some souvenir shopping.
- Lunch on your own in the town of La Morra, the highest within this area.
- This afternoon discover Alba, homemade of the worldwide famous Nutella! Discover the old Cathedral, the Roman ruins and indulge in a tasting of truffle-based products such as spreads, olive oil, cheese
- Another exclusive dinner is served tonight in the town of Neive, located in the area of production of the Barbaresco wine.
- Drive back to your hotel.
Meals Included: Breakfast and Dinner
Day 6: Torino
- Drive to Turin and meet your local guide
- Start a two hours walking tour of Torino, first capital of Italy. As you explore the elegant and baroque squares and Palaces, get some orientation and ideas for your free afternoon. The guide will show you the outside of the Royal Palace, of the first Italian Parliament and the Cathedral boasting the Holy Shroud (not displayed at this time). Sit down in one of the historical coffee bar of the city to savor the famous local "bicerin," a delicious combination of espresso coffee and hot chocolate topped with whipped cream.
- Free time and lunch on your own. Before leaving, the local guide will provide several suggestions on what to do in the afternoon: for example the second largest Egyptian Museum of the World, the panoramic glass elevator of the Cinema Museum, the Royal apartments and armory and of course shopping!
- Return to your hotel.
- Tonight dinner is served in a restaurant near the hotel.
Meals included: Breakfast and Dinner
Day 7: Golf outside Bra and Pollenzo, the cradle of Slowfood
- Drive to Cherasco to play golf in another scenic 18 holes course, designed by Marco Croze, surrounded by water and green vegetation. Cart and equipment/gear are not included in the green fee and they are available for an extra charge. If you don’t feel to play, the town of Cherasco is few minutes away boasting Baroque Architecture and artisanal chocolate workshops. Lunch on your own.
- Later in the afternoon meet your local guide to explore the nearby town of Pollenzo, once a Roman city, then rebuilt by the King Carlo Alberto as a neo-gothic 1800s town and today home of the Slow Food University. Transfer to Bra, where Slow Food was founded in 1986, and after admiring the Baroque jewel of the church of S. Claire, sit to enjoy the farewell dinner.
- Drive back to the hotel
Meals included: Breakfast and Dinner
Day 8: Arrivederci
-Transfer to Milan Airport
Meals Included: Breakfast
Pricing & Booking
$1964USD per person with a minimum of eights. Group discounts available for twelve of more.
|12 - 15
|16 - 19
The prices listed above are an estimate based on the daily exchange rate with the Euro. Due to the fluctuation in the Euro, the prices are subject to vary by up to 5% (usually a decrease, occasionally an increase). The precise price is confirmed upon booking following the procedures below. Please be sure to review the pricing upon booking.
Booking Procedures and details: Upon hitting the “book now” button, you can choose your date and time, and look over the cancellation policy (terms and conditions), and preview the precise pricing. Once you have entered your details, L&B Italian tours will request your credit card number. We will not charge your credit card until we have confirmed the details for your reservations, this usually happens within 24-48 hours for tours and up to 4 days for trip packages. Once the card is charged your reservation is confirmed. Along with the confirmation you will get a complete recap of your booking that includes maps, meeting places, times and contact numbers.
Please note: L&B Italian Tours has an on-call operator in Italy, in the event that anything changes or you have problems in Italy, you can contact us easily.