Duration: 2.5 hours
Type of Service: Best of Venice walking tour including St. Mark's Basilica
If you have limited vacation time (and who doesn’t?), this is the perfect way to see the best sights in Venice in just a few short hours. Your expert English-speaking guide will take you to famous landmarks including St. Mark’s Basilica, Rialto Bridge, Marco Polo’s house, Camp SS Giovanni e Paolo and Campo Santa Maria Formosa piazzas, Bridge of Sighs and more, including quiet off-the-beaten-path places many tourists may miss.
We begin your tour at one of Venice’s most photographed locations, the Rialto Bridge. Then we’ll wind through the Floating City’s serpentine streets and over the tiny bridges that dot its seascape on our way to Marco Polo’s house. Learn about this intrepid Venetian son whose sense of adventure and exploration took him beyond the horizon to the Far East, where few had ever been before. Along the way, you’ll stroll through the lively piazzas of Campo SS Giovanni e Paolo and Campo Santa Maria Formosa, and marvel at how the beautiful Byzantine architecture and Renaissance buildings meld seamlessly with today’s modern and somewhat eclectic edifices.
On the way to our final and most awe-inspiring stop, St. Mark’s Basilica, you have a chance to see the romantic Bridge of Sighs. Then saunter through St. Mark’s Square, which Napoleon named the “finest drawing room in all of Europe.” Next, enjoy Skip-the-Line Access to the city’s most bustling spot for tourists. You’ll breeze past the long lines and straight into the Basilica.
Your tour guide will not only educate but also entertain you with the rich history of St. Mark’s Basilica. Learn about the city’s diverse culture with intriguing facts only a local would know. An impressive architectural marvel, see how Eastern architecture blends beautifully with Western design to create an unbelievable onion-domed structure so individually Venetian. With less time waiting in line, you’ll enjoy more time standing in awe of ornate frescoes before ascending to the famous St. Mark’s terraces. Not often included on guided tours, this site offers a spectacular aerial view of the prized piazza – and makes the perfect photo opp.
On this private tour, your small group will receive individualized attention. Audio headsets are provided, if you like, so you can always hear your guide. Ask all the questions you like and learn as much about Venice and the world-renowned sites as you please.
Things to know:
- Private tour with expert English-speaking tour guide
- Your tour will begin at one of Venice’s most photographed locations, the Rialto Bridge.
- See Venice’s most-famous landmarks and monuments in just a few hours with the flexibility and attention only a private tour can offer
- See St. Mark’s Basilica, Rialto Bridge, Marco Polo’s house, Bridge of Sighs & more on this de facto tour of Venice for the first-time visitor
- Your tour guide will not only educate but also entertain you with the rich history of St. Mark’s Basilica.
- Skip the line access to St. Mark's Basilica and entrance ticket to the terraces of St. Mark’s Basilica
- Ask your guide all the questions you like and learn as much about Venice and the world-renowned sites as you please.
- Audio headsets available
- Tour offered on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday
- Tour starts at 9:00 am
- Check in with guide by 8:45 am
- Meeting point location - more details are given upon booking