Duration: 2 hours
Type of Service: Florence Evening Walking and Wine Tour – private tour
A popular social tradition in Italy, aperitivo comprises of snacks and drinks to be enjoyed in a bar before dinner. Your tour will begin at the Duomo where you will receive a short introduction about this historic building and the piazza that surrounds it before enjoying a glass of wine and crostini at a Florentine wine bar.
Your next stop on this walking tour is the Oltrarno District, where you will cross over the Ponte Vecchio Bridge for a great photo before strolling through Piazza Santo Spirito, one of the more picturesque areas of Florence, a lively scene both day & night on your way to a popular wine bar for a glass of prosecco.
Your final destination on this wine tour is the San Niccolo neighborhood with lots of historical points of interest as well as apertifs spots and original shops with a mix of old artisan botteghe (small artisan shops). Along the way, your guide will share with you tales and trivia about the Renaissance city to include food, wine, history, architecture, arts, and culture before visiting a favorite Florentine wine bar to enjoy glasses of wine and Tuscan appetizers. Your tour concludes at this location, where you can continue drinking and sampling Tuscan specialties or take a short 8-minute walk up to Piazza Michelangelo to admire the Florence skyline.
Things to Know:
- Enjoy and experience a traditional Italian ‘aperitivo’ – at three different locations
- Set out to explore the city at dusk - perfect introduction to Florence for first-time visitors
- A unique, interactive evening walking tour to taste the best Italian wines and appetizers
- 2–hour wine tour with a licensed private English-speaking local tour guide
- Sites visited; Piazza Duomo, Piazza della Repubblica, Mercato del Porcellino, Ponte Vecchio Bridge, Oltrarno District / Santo Spirito and San Niccolo District
- Tour departs from the Duomo at 5:30pm – more details are given upon booking
- Tour is offered Monday – Saturday / Mid-March to Mid-November
- Tour includes 5 glasses of wine per person and shared Tuscan appetizers
- Wear comfortable walking or tennis shoes