Duration: 8 hours
Type of Service: Personal sommelier - wine expert on board, awarded but non-commercial wineries visit with the vintners, highly educational wine tour for wine connoisseurs or simply wine lovers.
Take a private wine tour experience to visit Tuscany's best wineries, where you will sample top-end wines and have an educational and tasty food & wine pairing session to combine each wine with each food specialty. Enjoy a full day escorted by a friendly professional driver-guide, specialized in wine-making and sommelier, fluent in English and knowledgeable about wines.
The tour includes a scenic drive through the Chianti Classico region, the first stop at a wine estate with full cellar tour and tasting of at least 3-4 wines. The second winery will host you for a food and wine pairing session (gluten free-vegan-vegetarian options possible in advance). Lastly, we will visit an award-winning winery to sample Super Tuscan wines. In the majority of the estates visited, you will sample extra virgin olive oil, and other local products.
Things to Know:
- Private tour in luxury Mercedes minivan with a licensed sommelier
- Highly educational wine tour for wine connoisseurs or simply wine lovers
- Visit three different wine estates with tasting of local products
- Food and wine pairings
- Tour offered Monday to Sunday (Mid-March- Mid-November)
- Tour pick-up time is 9:00am
- During winter times, tours might be limited to weekdays only - please inquire about times
- Pick-up and drop off directly at your lodging from the center city of Florence or Siena(from Siena a minimum of 3 people per booking)
- Wear comfortable walking or tennis shoes