Duration: 8 hours
Type of Service: From Sorrento to Amalfi Coast - private tour
The Amalfi Coast is the perfect day tour to those who wish to discover the breathtaking landscapes of the enchanting Amalfi Coast.
Discover the famous beauty of one of Italy’s most iconic shorelines with this full-day tour of the Amalfi Coast from Sorrento. Travel in an air-conditioned luxury vehicle along spectacular coastal roads, stopping to visit the region’s three most popular and beautiful villages — Positano, Amalfi and Ravello. With tips from your knowledgeable driver, enjoy leisure time in each town to stroll narrow cobblestone streets, shop for unique handmade goods or perhaps dine on the waterfront.
Amalfi: The origins of Amalfi, it too part of UNESCO heritage, seem to date back to Roman times and the history and the culture heritage of the city, makes of Amalfi a lively tourist center. In Amalfi you can visit the Saint Andrew’s Cathedral built in the X° century and finished in the XIX° century with its baroque style, the Paper Museum and the Compass Museum that enclose the history of this city. Between the little streets of the city you can shop the limoncello liquor and all the famous products of this area. Today Amalfi is the largest and busiest city of the coast.
Positano: is famous all over the world for its beautiful views of the Salerno Gulf, its colors and nice streets where you can buy some souvenir like the famous painted potteries and the sandals handmade and decorated with crystals. Positano dates back to the ninth century, at the time of Saracen invasions. It was to defend it against them that we have the particular architecture of this perched town in addition to the three watchtowers, still perfectly preserved today, of Fornillo, Trasita and Sponda. Other point of interest in Positano, is the beach named Marina Grande where you can admire the clean and crystal water.
Ravello: is famous for the ancient and amazing villas and the beautiful landscapes on the sea. In the center of the village you can find the cathedral and then the two main villas, Villa Rufolo and Villa Cimbrone that are circled by wide gardens where there are ancient statues, fountains and unique views of the coastal area and the entire gulf.
Things to Know:
- Meeting point location – Meet your driver in front of your hotel
- Tour begins at 8:00am or 8:30am - guests choice
- Wear casual comfortable clothing, walking or tennis shoes
- Knees and Shoulders must be covered when entering churches for both men and women
- The most charming excursions of the Amalfi coast in only one day
- Private tour- your will not join a group and you will avoid the lines
- Professional English guide/driver with great knowledges of the coast
- Amalfi – Visit the Cathedral or paper making museum and explore the multiple shops, souvenir stores and cafes – 1 hour visit
- Positano - enjoy an hour of free time to explore this little town. Walk through the colorful buildings across the sea, browse the traditional boutiques, and visit the church of Santa Maria Assunta with its unique dark Madonna. – 1 hour visit
- Ravello - simply enjoy walk around the town square, visit the church, cafes and shops during your visit – 1 hour visit plus lunch in a typical “trattoria” or light lunch in the village
- Tour is offered Mid-March – Mid-November
- Tour days are 7 days a week based on availability
- Your driver/guide will make several restaurant recommendations for you to choose from or you can choose your own
- Guests is responsible for lunch and admission to gardens and churches
- Admission fee is paid for paper museum in Amalfi
- Flexible tour with options to stop along the way for pictures and selfies