Duration: 6 hours
Type of Service: From Sorrento – Visit Ruins of Pompeii with Lunch and Winetasting
Our Pompeii Tour is the best option for travelers who plan to visit this famous UNESCO World Heritage Sites from Sorrento.
Our English-speaking driver will meet you in your hotel lobby at 8.00am. You’ll be whisked away directly from Sorrento by private, air-conditioned luxury vehicle to Pompeii where you’ll meet your official, licensed Pompeii tour guide. The ancient city of Pompeii is one of Italy's most popular tourist attractions and our tour is unique: you will visit the whole ancient city of Pompeii and you'll breathe the roman atmosphere travelling in the past.
We’ve selected the most entertaining and knowledgeable local tour guides to ensure that your Pompeii visit is as enjoyable as it is memorable. Follow your guide as they recreate the hustle and bustle of this once-busy port town, explaining what each building was used for, where families ate their meals, did laundry and socialized – and where sailors went when they docked.
You will see the best places such as the “Teatro Grande”. Your guide will let you hear the acoustic perfection of the auditory of the “Teatro Piccolo”.
You will discover how thermal baths worked. You will walk along the principal street of commerce of Pompeii and you will see how the ancient Romans used to spend their days and have fun.
"Your Pompeii day trip doesn’t end here. After your tour, we'll drive a short distance to have lunch and wine tasting. You will enjoy a typical Italian lunch at a wine farm, located in Pompeii; this area is famous for its viticultural (the cultivation and harvesting of grapes) and olive production."
Things to Know:
- Enjoy insider knowledge about Pompeii, a world-famous archaeological site
- Visit the most iconic ruins within Pompeii as well as the lesser-known gems
- It is a private tour. That means you will not join another group, you will have your own guide, who you can ask at anytime to customized your tour based on your interests. It is the best way of visiting Pompeii. No lines, no headsets, no large groups.
- You will spend 2 – 2.5 hours in Pompeii
- Our guide will bring to life the strong remains of Pompeii, telling you numerous anecdotes, secrets and stories, and taking you through the most fascinating sites of this ancient city
- Client is responsible for lunch and admission fees to Pompeii
- You can have a typical Italian lunch and the menu includes: a taste of five different wines, including "limoncello", spicy cheese, salami, bruschetta, eggplant parmesan, fresh bread with oil olive, spaghetti with fresh tomato and dessert
- Admission fees for Pompeii is 15 euros per person and lunch with wine is 25 euros per person - pay on site
- The guide will help you buy your tickets, so you will skip the lines (we have privileged access)
- Tour is offered late March - late October
- Tour operates 7 days based on availability
- Tour begins at 8:00am
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible and not recommended for participants with back problems - moderate amount of walking is involved
- Meeting Point Location: Hotel lobby
- Wear comfortable walking or tennis shoes - do not recommend heels, boots or flip flops
- Tour does not operate on May 25th - holiday