Duration: 6 Hours
Type of Service: Private Tuscan Castle and Ancient Cellars Visit with Cooking Class and Wine Tasting Experience near Florence - small group tour/cooking class
The day will begin with your private, English-speaking chauffeur picking you up in a Mercedes at your hotel. From there you will head up into the beautiful rolling Tuscan hills to a castle in the countryside. Once at the castle, a staff member will lead you on a private tour of the enchanting castle which includes its wine cellars and vineyards.
The castle has an incredibly rich history and was built by the Pazzi family in 1184 AD. At the height of Florence Renaissance in 1478, the Pazzi family masterminded in these castle halls the now infamous plot to kill two outstanding representatives of Florence ruling family, the Medici. With the “Pazzi Conspiracy,” the family - long rivals of the Medici - intended to eliminate Lorenzo de' Medici and so dethrone Florence ruler. Today, in the Castle nucleus, the magnificent “Conspiracy Room” can be admired.
After the tour, you will have a cooking class with three courses which include learning to make handmade pasta, sauces, and dessert. Once you have finished cooking, it’s time to try your masterpieces along with three wines produced at the vineyards of the castle in the castle dining room. Then, you will meet your driver who will take you back to your hotel. A beautiful and intriguing castle, great food, and delicious wines are awaiting your arrival.
Things to Know:
- In a 4 hour experience, you get to visit a still inhabited 900-year-old castle and wine cellars, you cook 2 different type of handmade pasta and 2 sauces, dessert and taste 3 wines during the light lunch with the self-cooked food
- Private castle tour and wine tasting at a historic estate located 45 minutes from Florence
- The castle tour and wine cellar visit last about 55 minutes and includes the historical part in the castle's courtyard, the family history in one of the private rooms
- The Pazzi family’s crest still adorns our courtyard today and was created by one of the true Renaissance masters, Donatello.
- Learn about wine and olive oil in the ancient cellars and enjoy a typical Tuscan snack of crostini, olive oil, salami, and cheese
- Cooking class with personal chef
- You will have the opportunity to purchase farm products like pure saffron, honey, cheese and natural cosmetics, wine and olive oil, available in the farm gift shop - at the end of the tour, you can walk in the vineyards, olive groves and take pictures in the countryside
- Florence hotel pickup and drop-off in luxury vehicle with English-speaking driver
- No more than 12 people in small group tour and cooking class
- Private Castle and Cellar Visit is available for groups 4 or more.