Duration - 4.25 hours
Type - Best of Florence & Uffizi Gallery Tour - small group tour
With so much incredible art, history, and architecture, seeing all that Florence has to offer can be a challenge. We take the trouble out of your visit by covering the best parts of Florence in half day with an expert, English-speaking guide to lead you around the city. You’ll gain a deeper understanding of the sights and stories that make Florence a must-see on any trip to Italy.
The Accademia Gallery is our first stop for one of Florence’s many show-stoppers. Skip the long lines here with a pre-reserved entry time and prepare to be amazed. Housed in a bright open space beneath a roof that had to be raised to accommodate him, is Michelangelo’s great sculptural masterpiece, ‘David’.
Your guide will help you admire him from every angle, all the while explaining the techniques that Michelangelo used to make marble look as soft as butter. We’ll also take some time to examine his unfinished ‘Slaves’. Rising from the rock piece by piece, these sculptures offer incredible insight into how the great master worked – and just how much work it took to create a sculpture to this level of perfection.
We’ll also take some time to visit the crown jewel of Florence, Il Duomo, from outside. Known for its huge red dome (visible from all over the city), Florence Cathedral is a sight to behold. Your guide will tell you about Brunelleschi’s feat in creating such a marvel and the challenges he faced along the way.
The entrance to the Duomo is free and you can visit independently if you wish, as the guide provided you with a full explanation of it's inside and outside features.
Your expert guide will lead you around Piazza Signoria where you’ll hear the stories behind the beautiful sculptures and see the place where Michelangelo’s ‘David’ once stood.
In keeping with our promise to see all of Florence in a day, we’ll take a break for lunch (not included) then regroup, energized for the final leg of our day. Skip-the-Line Access at the Uffizi Gallery saves us hours wasted in line to enter instantly.
Navigating all of this immense gallery would take days, so we’ve crafted the perfect route to visit all the highlights of the Uffizi collection and a few lesser-known gems. This section of the tour is limited to just 14 people so it is easier for you to hear and interact with your expert guide. They will introduce you to works by Giotto, Leonardo da Vinci, Botticelli, Perugino, Michelangelo, Titian and Vasari and will be able to answer any questions you have about them.
Whether you're stopping in Florence for a day, or plan to use it as a base from which to explore Tuscany, this tour will paint the perfect portrait of its unique art, architecture, and history, ensuring that you leave an aficionado of all of the above.
Things to Know:
- Tour is offered Tuesday - Saturday
- Tour times are 8:30am, 9:15am and 1:45pm
- Please note the inside of the Duomo (Cathedral) is not visited on this tour
- Small groups of 19 people or less
- Skip-the-Line Entrance to Accademia Gallery and Uffizi Gallery
- English speaking guide
- Break between Best of Florence and Uffizi tours
- Enjoy Florence’s top sights in a single day
- Discover timeless works of art by Leonardo da Vinci, Botticelli, Michelangelo & Raphael inside the Uffizi
- Follow your local, expert guide as they bring Florence & its great works of art to life
- Convenient audio headsets so you don’t miss a single detail
- Wear comfortable walking or tennis shoes
- Meeting point location - Piazza San Marco - more details are provided upon booking
- Sites Visited - Uffizi Gallery, Accademia Gallery, The Duomo (Santa Maria del Fiore) from outside, Palazzo Vecchio, Piazza della Signoria and Baptistry Doors