Duration – 8 hours
Type of service – Best of Tuscany Hill towns of Siena, San Gimignano and Monteriggioni – small group tour
Spend a day visiting the best of Tuscany’s hill towns on this semi-private one-day sightseeing trip from Florence. Travel by luxury minivan with an expert English-speaking driver-escort, explore the idyllic hill towns of Siena, San Gimignano, and Monteriggioni. With a small group, personalized attention, enchanting locations and free time at all destinations, your day seeing the best of Tuscany is a fantastic experience. Return to Florence by 5:00pm
Siena - With your driver-escort, you and your small tour group will leave from Florence city center at 8:00am, driving through the gorgeous Chianti countryside. The first stop is Siena – a beautiful Tuscan hill town with its famous Piazza del Campo (Campo Square), where the famous Palio, a horse race, is held twice a year. Spend some time in Siena touring and sightseeing the city and experiencing its medieval narrow streets.
San Gimignano - After lunch, travel to San Gimignano, one of the most charming and picturesque Tuscan hill towns. It boasts medieval towers that were built for the richest families of that period. Visit the cathedral, climb the ‘Torre Grossa’, take pictures of the stunning scenery surrounding you and enjoy a gelato in Cistern Square.
San Gimignano to Florence - After leaving San Gimignano, the tour returns to Florence via the Chianti area once again. Stop at the medieval and charming village of Monteriggioni, one of the most important and preserved walled castles in the area. Such was its importance – it was mentioned in Dante Alighieri’s most famous work - the Divine Comedy.
Things to Know
- Tour is offered April through the first week in November
- Tour days are Monday and Friday
- The tour begins at 8:00am in Florence and concludes at 5:00pm
- A/C Mercedes vehicle or similar make
- Local Expert English speaking driver-escort
- Pick up and drop off in Florence city center
- Min 2 people for guaranteed departures / Max 6-7 people
- Visit Siena, San Gimignano and Monteriggioni Hill towns
- This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. However, please contact us directly and we will be able to take you on alternative routes suitable for you
- Wear comfortable clothing with walking or tennis shoes