Duration – 12 hours
Type of service - Day Tour from Florence – Tuscany Grand Tour: Siena, San Gimignano, Chianti Winery and Pisa
Comprising visits to the most remarkable ancient towns and to the rolling Chianti hills, memorable views and flavorful culinary and wine experiences.
Our Small-Group Tuscany Grand Tour, one of the best Tuscany tours, allows you to discover the heart and soul of gorgeous Tuscany.
Depart in full comfort aboard our state-of-the-art minivan, with your dedicated English-speaking driver and tour escort, and reach Siena. Set in a beautiful landscape, surrounded by vineyards and olive groves, it is one of the most enchanting medieval cities in Italy.
Led by a specialized knowledgeable English-speaking guide you will discover the town's most striking sights, admire the marvelous Piazza del Campo - where twice a year dashing horses compete in the heart-rendering Palio race - and enjoy a flavorful surprise: a tasting of a local specialty.
Then travel on to San Gimignano, UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the most splendid examples of an ancient walled town. Renowned as “the city of beautiful towers” or "Tuscany's Manhattan" it boasts an exceptional skyline, is one of the and most well-preserved, towns in the whole of Italy and has been used as a background in many movies.
Stroll the maze of quaint cobblestone streets at leisure, discover the tall towers, once homes, which characterize the town. Breathe in the authentic atmosphere and then set off across the vineyard-clad Chianti hills for a scrumptious Tuscan lunch and wine tasting in the charming premises of a boutique winery.
Sample authentic Tuscan flavor and enjoy the privilege of a private visit to the estate's wine cellar. After lunch a fascinating visit to nearby Impruneta, to learn all about its extraordinary terracotta production, and then travel on to Pisa.
Discover the airy majesty of Piazza dei Miracoli (Miracles Square), which consists in the Leaning Tower, Romanesque Duomo, and Baptistery. The ever-fascinating Leaning Tower, bell tower of the Cathedral, has been proposed as one of the seven wonders of the modern world and is truly a sight to see (kindly note tickets to climb the tower are not included due to the constant extremely long queues; clients can buy tickets directly on site).
At the end of the visit travel back to Florence in full comfort, as your eyes and heart rest upon the day's marvelous enchanted sights.
Our Tuscany Grand Tour is more than a tour, it is a memorable lifetime cultural experience.
Things to Know
• Tour is offered everyday based on availability
• Tour begins at 8:00am
• Small-group tour of 16 people or less
• Professional English speaking driver/tour leader
• Round-trip transportation from Florence by comfortable A/C Minivan
• Guided walking tour of Siena with professional English speaking guide
• Surprise tasting in Siena
• Free time to explore San Gimignano
• Typical Tuscan lunch in a fascinating Chianti boutique winery
• Winery guided tour and wine tasting learning about wine production
• Medieval town visit, learning about terracotta
• Pisa visit with focus on Miracle Square and Pisa Leaning Tower (tower tickets not included)
• Meeting point location – Piazza della Repubblica – more details are provided upon booking
• Please wear casual clothing with walking or tennis shoes