Duration: 8 hours
Type of Service: Chianti and Its Wines - private tour
You will begin the day by visiting a beautiful and historical Chianti Classico winery, enjoying a guided tour of the estate and the marvelous cellar followed by a delightful and delicious lunch on the property, tasting the wines and a complete meal in front of an amazing view over the green rolling hills of Chianti.
After lunch, you will enjoy a visit to the beautiful village of Greve in Chianti, with time to enjoy the beautiful shops there.
In the late afternoon, we will visit one of the most historic wineries in the Chianti Classico area. A private tour of this stunning Estate going back to Renaissance (it is here indeed that the famous Antinori wines have been created) and will be followed by a tasting of excellent and awarded wines paired with local specialties.
On your way back to Florence you will stop at the Piazzale Michelangelo to admire the views and take photos. At the conclusion of the tour, you will be dropped off at your accommodations. This is one of our most popular tours with one of the most amazing guides/sommelier Arianna.
Timeline of Activities
10:00am pick-up from hotel
11:00am-14.00pm - Arrival at the first winery, guided visit and lunch
14.30-15.30pm(2:30pm - 3:30pm) - Free time in Greve with time for Shopping
15.30pm(3:30pm) - Depart Greve and Travel to 2nd winery
16.00pm - 17.30pm(4:00pm - 5:30pm) - Guided visit to an historical winery with tastings
17.30pm(5:30pm) - Depart 2nd winery and travel to Piazza Michelangelo (10 minutes for photos )
18.30pm (6:30pm) – Arrive at Hotel
Things to Know:
- Pick up/drop off service to and from your hotel in Florence at 10:00am
- Private transportation with air-conditioned with driver and local professional guide/sommelier
- Visit two historical wineries in Chianti, with amazing views and hospitality
- Lunch with wine tasting and local specialties
- Explore the small town of Greve in Chianti
- Visit Piazza Michelangelo for views and photos
- Wear comfortable walking or tennis shoes
- Tour is offered daily between April – November (based on availability) Monday - Saturday
- Timings displayed above can slightly change according to the level of interest in each place you will visit (in case you want to stay 5 minutes more in one of the places that they will visit in order to take pictures of the beautiful landscape or if you want to order some wines to be shipped back home we are just happy to assist you and very flexible.