Duration: 3 hours
Type of Service: Food Lover's Tour: Tasting at Florence’s Hidden Classics and Gems – small group tour
Florence is home to the some of the best foods and family run bottegas. On this food tour in Florence, we will have the bonus of strolling the historical center of town with a local expert while tasting the regions finest specialties on this fun, informative food lover's crawl. You’ll visit a mix of classic culinary institutions and hidden gems on the tiny streets off famous squares. You will visit artisan purveyors such as bakers, family-owned bottegas procuring goods from their own farms and local wines, a truffle cafe, institutional gelato parlors and more. You'll taste prized ingredients such as extra virgin olive oil, caliber vintage prosecco, aged balsamic vinegar, local cheeses (ewe's milk pecorino), artisan cured meats, and learn all about Florentine's food history while getting a sense of the city with this specialty gourmet walk. This tour is a must for true food lovers who want to get down to the grain of the local food culture while meeting the city's most cherished bottegas, with a touch of sightseeing and main square orientation.
- Small-group, culinary tour of Florence with a local, passionate expert
- 5 gourmet tasting pit-stops, with wine at 2 stops
- Crash course into Florentine food culture and traditional Tuscan goods
- Guided walking tour in the center of Florence, tasting at both cult classics and hidden nooks
- Traditional Tuscan sweet pastries like rice pudding budino or chocolate semolino tartlets with Italian roasted espresso
- Snack like a royal at king-approved truffle cafe’ for Florence’s famous panino tartufato with bubbles
- Visit classic bakeries for Tuscany’s schiacciata flatbreads along with seasonal delicacies (wine grape pie, sweet chestnut & pine nut cake castagnaccio, etc)
- Farmstead quality cheese and cured meat tasting with locally produced wine
- Savor in Italian excellence via tastings of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from around Italy & Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Wine tastings included (i.e. bubbly with truffles, local red wine with prosciutto, etc)
- Meeting local characters and purveyors
- Wholly artisanal gelato, gelato judge approved
- ...and more!
Our gourmet food tours in Florence are perfect for discerning food lovers, chefs, bakers, cooks, farm-to-table eaters and Italian culture enthusiasts. After your food tour, you will feel more confident to return to these shops and know what defines the traditional food landscape. Be prepared for genuine backdoor journey through these local-loved food shops.
Things to Know
- Small group tour food walking tour - 8 people or less
- Wear comfortable walking or tennis shoes
- Tour begins at 3:00pm /Tour check in 2:45pm
- Tour is available for youth 12 years old to adults
- Inquire about discount rates for children ages 12 - 17 years old
- Meeting Point Location: Piazza Signoria – more details are given upon booking