Duration: 5 hours
Type of Service: Pizza and Gelato Cooking Class at a Farmhouse in Tuscany - small group class
Learn to make these Italian classics in an idyllic setting in the beautiful Tuscan countryside.
Under the guidance of a professional Italian chef you will be taken on a cultural journey learning the skills and inside tricks of making the best mouth-watering pizza and gelato right in the country where they were born.
The beautiful estate that offers stunning views over the surrounding hills just outside the center of Florence provides the perfect setting to roll up your sleeves and get hands on when learning the process from making and kneading the dough to choosing the perfect topping for your pizza. Some ingredients for your pizza are picked from our very own vegetable garden.
You will be able to relax and enjoy the delicious pizza cooked in our wood oven with a glass of Chianti wine or a cold beer before you get started on the gelato making. By the end of the class you will feel confident enough to re-produce the food at home impressing your lucky guests!
Being both a fun but instructive class this hands-on pizza and gelato making class will be one of the most memorable parts of your trip to Tuscany.
- Small-group pizza and gelato making class at a breathtaking farmhouse set in the rolling hills of Tuscany!
- Learn the insider tips and special techniques from our professional chef
- Hands on experience: learn to make Pizza and home-made Gelato
- Enjoy the food accompanied by wine and beer
Things to Know
- After meeting the professional chef in our centrally located office you will be transported directly to our beautiful private estate in the hills just above Florence where you will start to live the full Italian experience.
- On arrival you will be able to appreciate the stunning views over gorgeous countryside as you taste the traditional 'fettunta' and enjoy a glass of Chianti wine whilst listening to the culture behind Italy's most famous food, pizza and gelato.
- By this time you will be eager to get hands on. The professional chef will teach you the art of dough making and kneading and will give you all the inside tips in order to easily produce the same result back home where you'll be able to impress your friends and family. You'll learn about the different ways to make pizza depending on the region.
- Next it will be time to get creative as you use the ingredients picked from our very own vegetable garden and choose from the many traditional toppings the Italians love. The pizza will be cooked in our wood oven to give it the traditional flavor that will make you feel proud as you sit down and enjoy your pizza with more wine or beer.
- The fun continues as you then learn the special techniques to make your very own gelato. You will make creamy gelato with unique toppings/sauces and though you may always want to reproduce these same toppings the chef will make sure you have an adequate understanding in order to be able to experiment at home!
- You will leave feeling satisfied, excited and with wonderful memories that you will be able to take home with you!
- Wear comfortable walking or tennis shoes and casual attire – you will be working in an outdoor kitchen
- Upon arrival from the parking lot – you will walk down a set of stairs to reach the outdoor kitchen and vegetable garden
- Meeting Point Location: more details are given upon booking (center city of Florence)
- Tour is offered Monday – Saturday at 2:30pm
- Tour is available for youth 7 years old – up
- Tour Price for Adults: $89.00 US dollars
- Tour Price for 12 – 18 years old: $80.00
- Tour Price for 7 – 11 years old: $44.00