Duration – 8 hours
Type – Visit Certaldo and pottery + Cheese farm with homemade lunch + Organic Chianti winery + Castellina in Chianti – private tour
We will begin our day visiting the Medieval village of Castle of Certaldo, learning beautiful stories and legends about our land and stopping at a lovely pottery atelier where you could have the opportunity to get unique gifts for your friends and loved ones!
We will then visit a family owned goat farm and cheese producer in Chianti. We will meet the owner and his staff of adorable goats who will tour us through their organic farm. Our generous host will demonstrate and share the wisdom of organic production as we taste freshly made goat cheese and watch the baby goats play hide and seek with one another. We will then enjoy a delicious homemade lunch at the farm, sampling simple and tasty recipes with several kinds of cheeses.
After lunch, will enjoy a visit to a scenic family owned organic wine producer and “vignaiolo”, enjoying a guided tour through the vineyards and the little cellar with final tasting of products in front of a stunning view over the Chianti hills. Our hosts will be welcoming us into their classroom of vineyards, where you will see an organic and passionate approach to wine and farming in the Chianti.
We will end our day with a visit to the lovely village of Castellina in Chianti, enjoying time for shopping in the beautiful shops.
Things to know:
- Pick up/drop off service from Florence accommodations with private transportation and guide service
- A visit to the Medieval castle of Certaldo
- Pottery atelier with demonstration
- Visit to a goat cheese farm with guided tour, cheese tasting and homemade lunch with local wine
- Visit to an organic winemaker with guided tour and wine tasting, visit to the lovely village of Castellina in Chianti
- Wear casual comfortable clothing with walking or tennis shoes
- Bottle water provided in luxury van
- Price varies according to group size/ private tour up to 8 people