Duration: 10.5 hours
Type Of Service: Daytrip from Milan - Full Day Two Countries: Lake Como Tours with Bellagio and Lugano Switzerland - small group tour
Leave The City for a Day -Trying to decide which beautiful sights of Northern Italy to see and how much time you need to see them? We’ll make it easy for you. Our new day trips from Milan take you to three of the most beautiful and most popular destinations - Lake Como and Bellagio in Italy and Lake Lugano in Switzerland – in just one day!
And Bask in Lake Como's Beauty - Our one-day tours from Milan leave from a central, easy-to-reach location in the city. Your air-conditioned private coach will head straight from Milan to Lake Como, just an hour but a world away. Along the way, your expert, English-speaking guide will make sure you don’t miss any interesting sights and will entertain you with stories about them. We take care of all the details of your trip – including roundtrip transportation from Milan and tickets for a boat tour of Lake Como – all you have to do is show up and relax!
Nestled in the mountains with beautiful scenery that changes with each season, picturesque Lake Como has been Italy’s leading vacation destination for hundreds of years. During our boat tour, you’ll see the beautiful lakeside villas once owned by La Scala’s opera singers and now by headlining celebrities such as George Clooney, Richard Branson and Matthew Bellamy of Muse. You might even recognize villas from the Star Wars and James Bond blockbuster films.
Once in the beautiful city of Bellagio you will have free time explore on your own. Shop from local artisans, enjoy local food in nostalgic restaurants or step in for a quick drink in an ages-old bar, it is entirely up you. Take as many photos as you please in this picturesque town before we board our motor coach once again and continue our journey across the Italian border to Lugano.
We now take a scenic drive through the Alps and across the Swiss border to Lake Lugano. It’s easy to see why this city is one of Switzerland’s most popular vacation destinations. Lugano boasts a beautiful, large lake surrounded by huge and often snow-capped mountains.*
You can spend your afternoon in Lugano as you like with suggestions and directions from your guide. Culture aficionados should visit the church of Santa Maria degli Angioli home to Switzerland’s most important Renaissance painting - the beautiful ‘Passion and Crucifixion’ by Bernardino Luini, whose paintings have been compared to those of Leonardo da Vinci. You be the judge!
Lugano Like A Local - Feel like shopping? In Lugano’s downtown shopping district you’ll find plenty of choices - from luxury goods to, of course, delicious Swiss chocolate. We’ll give you lots of time to explore Lugano before you board the coach and return to Milan in time for dinner.
Combining visits to two countries and three of the area’s most beautiful locations in just one day, our day trips from Milan offer the perfect getaway from the hectic city life of Milan. We’ve taken care of the details, so you can just relax and enjoy the scenery…and so much more.
- Lake Como
- Lake Lugano
- Free time to visit nearby attractions of your choice
Things to Know:
- Discover Lake Como, Bellagio and Lugano on this full-day tour
- Journey through two countries in one day with an expert, English-speaking guide
- Relax on a 2-hour cruise around Lake Como
- Take in the Italian Alps and famous villas (including those of George Clooney, Star Wars and James Bond movies!)
- Stroll through the beautiful town of Bellagio also known as the pearl of Lake Como
- Wander through the elegant lakeside town of Lugano, Switzerland
- Small groups of 25 people or less per bus / two air-conditioned buses following each other
- Passport and driver’s license are needed for this tour to cross the Swiss Border
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking; comfortable walking shoes or tennis shoes are recommended
- Tour operates April - October
- Tour is offered on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday
- Tour Time: departs at 8:30am / Check-in between 8:00am - 8:15am
- Meeting Point Location: Milan Garibaldi Train Station - more details given upon booking