Duration: 3 Hours
Type of Service: Last Supper and the Best of Milan Walking Tour – small group tour
Milan is one of the world's top fashion capitals, but there is much more to this hip, urban metropolis – it is also home to an incredible patrimony of art and culture which includes Leonardo da Vinci’s greatest masterpiece, the 'Last Supper'.
No-Wait Tour of Duomo - On this Skip the Line walking tour of the best of Milan – we’ll take to the city by foot starting with a visit inside the famous ‘Duomo’ located in the most central point of the city. Milan's impressive cathedral is often described as one of the most beautiful churches in the world, so much so, in fact, that American author Mark Twain dedicated a whole chapter to it in his book 'Innocents Abroad' – describing it as “…so grand, so solemn, so vast! And yet so delicate, so airy, so graceful!”.
19th Century Shopping Arcade - Our next stop is the impressive Galleria Vittorio Emmanuele II – a 19th century glass vaulted shopping arcade. Brimming with fashionable shops and cafés – it is often called the ‘salotto di Milano’ or ‘Milan’s drawing room’ for its importance as a common meeting point through the years for the Milanese.
Rich History: Brera District – Next, it’s through the Brera District. Rich in historic buildings and ‘literature cafés”, restaurants and fashionable bars – this area has long been home to artists and intellectuals. Brera's picturesque and winding streets lead us north to Castello Sforzesco. An imposing medieval castle and fortress, Sforzesco was once seat and residence of the family that ruled Milan and now houses several of the city's museums and art collections. Your guide will explain more about it from the outside.
The Last Supper - The final stop and culmination of this Milan tour is none other than Leonardo Da Vinci’s Last Supper, hidden away at the church of Santa Maria delle Grazie. This enormous and complex 15th century mural captures the emotional moment in which Jesus announces that one of his 12 disciples will betray him. The painting had been severely damaged over the centuries and has only very recently undergone a painstaking 21-year restoration, revealing the original colors and details of this masterpiece. The delicate nature of this mural and its importance means that Last Supper tickets are strictly limited to those who have pre-booked – and only one group is allowed to stand with the painting at a time in air-conditioned room for 15 minutes.
- Leonardo da Vinci's 'Last Supper'
- Duomo (Cathedral of Milan)
- Brera District
- Sforzesco Castle (from outside)
- Galleria Vittorio Emmanuele II
Things to Know:
- See the best of Milan on a guided walking tour of the city's top sights from its piazzas and arcades to the incredible Duomo combined with Da Vinci's masterpiece, the “Last Supper”
- Skip the Line Access to the 'Last Supper' means you won't waste hours waiting in line - tickets often book out weeks in advance and the general access line can often stretch for hours.
- Small group sizes of only 25 people or less mean you'll get the best from every second of your Milan tour and that your expert, English-speaking guide will have time to answer all your questions.
- Tour is offered on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday - based on availability
- Tour times on 9:30am and 10:30am weekdays / 1:30pm and 2:30pm on weekends
- Meeting point location: Piazza del Duomo more details are given upon booking
- While the area is quite flat, we recommend you wear comfortable walking shoes