Duration: 8 hours
Type of Service: Discover San Gimignano, Wine Tasting at a boutique organic producer of Vernaccia di San Gimignano Wine and Silversmith Workshop - small group tour
You will begin your day with a visit to a boutique organic producer of Vernaccia di San Gimignano, that is the only white wine in Tuscany with DOCG certification. You will enjoy a guided tour of this beautiful farm, followed by a delicious homemade light lunch with wine tasting in a characteristic Tuscan peasant museum of art and traditions.
Afterward, enjoy relaxing walk in the medieval village of San Gimignano. This magical location is famously known for its array of medieval towers that can be seen from miles away. You will enjoy a relaxing walk through the traditional shops and streets, and will also visit an interesting silver workshop there, where Matteo, a young and talented silversmith, will show you how he can transform shapeless silver into marvelous objects.
Things to Know:
- Pick-up and drop-off service from your hotel; pick-up time between 9:30am-10:00am
- Small group tour of 8 people
- Private transportation with a private tour leader service
- Visit Vernaccia di San Gimignano winery with tasting plus a light lunch
- Vernaccia-based wine from San Gimignano has a long history. Since the Renaissance period it’s been considered one of Italy’s oldest and most noble wines. Its fame has no doubt been strongly connected to its region of origin, San Gimignano – an ancient Tuscan town famed for its medieval towers.
- Visit a silver workshop with a demonstration
- Free shopping time in San Gimignano
- Wear comfortable walking or tennis shoes
- Tour is offered daily between April – October (based on availability) Monday - Friday