Duration: 4.5 - 5 hours
Type of Service: Truffle Hunt with Lunch and Wine Tasting - day tour from Florence to San Gimignano
Visit a unique Winery located outside the medieval town of San Gimignano, in the province of Siena. The Giachi Family has been producing wines since 1720. You will spend an amazing time as your host teaches you to taste all the wines produced at this estate and hunt for truffles with dogs who are trained to seek black and white truffles.
Located at the entrance of the Valley of Chianti, in Tuscany, about 45 minutes from Florence. This winery, is a place of relaxation and fun with food and wine. It’s the ideal place to enjoy wonderful wines and Italian specialties. A most precious delicacy of the region is the exquisite, world famous black and white Truffles. You will partake in a truffle hunt with dogs for 60 minutes and then enjoy a Tuscan lunch that includes appetizers: Tuscan salami and cheeses, Bruschetta (Bread with Olive Oil). First Course: Truffle lasagna with meat sauce. Second Course: Roasted meat with potatoes and vegetables. Dessert: Cantuccini with Dessert Wine and the tasting of over 12 wines.
Things to Know:
- You will enjoy a truly authentic "truffle hunting", accompanied by an expert truffle hunter with dogs, through the flat Tuscan woods
- In the private truffle land in Tenuta Torciano, you will find precious white and black truffles
- Learn to identify the different species of trees and the ideal habitat for the growth of truffles
- Enjoy a 4-course lunch with dessert and wine tasting
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Florence Hotel
- Luxury Vehicle with English-speaking driver/guide
- Tour offered Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday (March - November)
- Tour begins with hotel pickup at 9:30am
- Wear comfortable clothing and walking or tennis shoes