Duration: 8 hours
Type of Service: VIP Small-group Siena and San Gimignano day tour from Florence with dinner - small group tour
A fabulous and exclusive all-round Tuscan extravaganza!
Spend an enlightening afternoon visiting Siena and San Gimignano, two of Tuscany's "jewel cities", and top the day off with a sunset and dinner in a boutique winery in the rolling Chianti countryside.
Depart Florence for Siena in full comfort aboard our state-of-the-art minivan, with your dedicated English-speaking driver and tour escort, and reach Siena.
Set in a beautiful landscape, surrounded by vineyards and olive groves, it is one of the most enchanting medieval cities in Italy.
Led by a specialized knowledgeable guide you will discover the town's most striking sights, admire the marvelous Piazza del Campo - where twice a year dashing horses compete in the heart-rendering Palio race. Explore quieter backstreets and learn everything about the Contrade (the 17 medieval city districts that compete against each other in the Palio) and enjoy a flavorful surprise, a tasting of a local specialty.
Then travel on to San Gimignano, UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the most splendid examples of an ancient walled town. Renowned as “the city of beautiful towers” or "Tuscany's Manhattan" it boasts an exceptional skyline. It is certainly one of the most well-preserved towns in the whole of Italy and has, in fact, been used as a background in many movies. During your free time here, stroll the maze of quaint cobblestone streets at leisure, discovering the many tall towers, once homes, which characterize the town.
Breathe in the authentic atmosphere and then set off to admire the sun setting over the vineyard-clad Chianti hills and savor a genuine Tuscan dinner and wine tasting in the charming premises of a delightful boutique winery.
Enjoy the scrumptious flavors of an authentic typical meal splendidly paired with different excellent wines, as well as the privilege of a private visit to the estate's wine cellar.
Leaving you free to relax in the morning, and leading you into the heart of Tuscan beauty and heritage in the afternoon and evening, our VIP Small-Group Siena and San Gimignano with Dinner in a Chianti Winery provides a quintessential Dolce Vita Tuscan experience which you will never forget.
Things to Know:
- VIP small-group tour for 16 people or less
- Avoid the crowds leaving in the afternoon
- Gaze in awe at the Tuscan countryside at sunset
- Enjoy a delicious typical Tuscan dinner with wine tasting in a fascinating ancient cellar
- Transportation IN/OUT Florence by comfortable Minivan
- English speaking driver/tour leader
- Guided walking tour of Siena with professional English speaking guide
- San Gimignano visit with free time for shopping
- Wear comfortable walking or tennis shoes
- Tour is offered daily between April – October
- Tour offered 7 days a week based on availability
- Tour departs at 2:00pm / Tour check-in at 1:45pm
- Meeting Point Location: Piazza della Repubblicca - more details are provided upon booking
- Tour is offered for children ages 6 - 12 years old and must be accompanied by an adult or guardian