Duration: 6 hours
Type of Service: VIP Venetian Islands: Murano, Burano & Torcello by Private Water Taxi
Murano, Burano, and Torcello are only a quick boat ride away from Venice, but each has a unique feel that you can explore on this day trip! With a small group of only 15 people, an air-conditioned, private water taxi and complimentary prosecco on board, you’ll feel like a VIP as you escape the crowds of Venice and head to the charming, smaller islands of the Venetian lagoon.
Begin your day by meeting at a central point in Venice to board your luxury boat. On the way to your first stop, you’ll be introduced to the history of the Venetian Islands by your expert, local guide. Murano is famous for its glassmaking craftsmen, and there’s no better way to experience the island than by visiting one of its famous glass factories. Here, you’ll see a live demonstration by a master artisan and visit a private gallery to view some of their most beautifully intricate pieces
Your next stop is the peaceful island of Torcello. Descriptively called “the garden of Venice”, it’s a wonderful respite in the middle of your tour, filled with lush greenery and beautiful flowers. While in Torcello, you’ll have free time to wander the gardens or climb to the top of the local bell tower for views overlooking the lagoon.
Then, make your way to Burano, the most colorful island of Venice! Perfect for a photo op, this tiny island is known for vibrantly colored cottages and its highly skilled lacemakers. You’ll meet the artisans keeping the Venetian lace tradition alive and have time to discover the city streets on your own, with recommendations from your local guide.
Finally, board your boat again for a quick ride back to Venice while you enjoy a glass of prosecco and stunning views of the city by water.
- Murano Glassblowing Factory
- Murano Glassblowing Art Galleries, with its exhibition of unique art pieces
- Burano Lace-making shop
- Torcello Island
Things to Know:
- Glassmaking demonstration at a factory in Murano
- Visit a private Art Gallery with glass masterpieces
- Lacemaking demonstration at a shop in Burano
- Visit Torcello Island
- Expert, English-speaking guide
- Round-trip transportation on board of a historic luxury boat
- Complimentary prosecco while you travel between islands
- Small groups of 15 people or less
- Discount at the glassblowing & lace-making shops (10%+ depending on the item)
- Tour is offered on Sunday, Tuesday and Friday
- Tour begins at 9:00am
- Meeting Point: Central Venice: Riva degli Schiavoni - more details upon booking
- Wear comfortable walking or tennis shoes