Duration: 12 hours
Type of Service: Full Day VIP Pompeii and Sorrento Small Group Tour from Rome - small group tour
One-of-a-Kind Tour to Pompeii and Sorrento - This is the only tour offered from Rome with both the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Pompeii and the beautiful seaside town of Sorrento by air-conditioned high-speed train. With your expert English-speaking guide, the sites are brought to life through vibrant and entertaining commentary about the rich histories and interesting facts and stories that only a local would know.
2-Hour Tour of Pompeii Ruins Including Newly Opened Domus - Enjoy a fully-guided 2-hour tour of the ruins where time has stood still. Pompeii, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is one of the world’s most awe-inspiring archeological marvels. The tragic fossilization of Roman aristocrats and common villagers, their dreadful demise was preserved in ash and pumice when Mount Vesuvius erupted in 79 AD. See how they lived, and ultimately died, while simultaneously marveling at the multicolored mosaics and frescos still lining the newly-opened Domus (homes of the ancient city’s most influential people).
See the Sea at the Bay of Naples - After your Pompeii experience we’ll take s short break for coffee and perusing the wares of local vendors and artisans. Next, we head towards Sorrento overlooking the intensely indigo waters of the Bay of Naples. A quick stop at the most picturesque precipice for a postcard-worthy photo op and on to the seaside city.
Sorrento, Land of Limoncello - As the preferred vacation spot of Roman Emperors and Italy’s most elite, Sorrento is as rich in beauty as it is in history. Enjoy the tart taste of Limoncello, the lemony liqueur which was first created here, and learn how the south’s most succulent spirit is produced from local ingredients in one of Sorrento’s oldest shops. Have time to continue to explore the town on your own with recommendations on the best sights to see, shops to visit and cafés to check out before we head back to Rome in the late afternoon.
Things to Know:
- The only tour combining Pompeii and Sorrento, the gateway to the Amalfi Coast, from Rome by high-speed train
- Skip-the-line access bypasses long lines and crowded public transportation
- 2-hour tour of Pompeii ruins including newly opened Domus (ancient homes of influential people)
- High-speed train tickets included
- Small group tour of 15 people or less
- Tour is offered; Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
- Tour begins at 7:15am / Tour check-in at 7:00am
- Meeting point location: Central Rome - more details provided upon booking
- Wear comfortable walking or tennis shoes